DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Oracle probe connection with non default port

Posted Oct 28, 2021 10:37 AM
    Hello folks,
    I come up with the new thread on the oracle probe, we have different oracle databases in single host and defined different port number for service name as defined below. Oracle probe is connecting to service names which are having default port number 1521, other than default port it's not connecting to the service name. So what could be the possible way to connect to my service names which are having different ports and where can we change that port. As we know oracle probe itself takes by default port number. Please suggest if any one faced this issue before.

ABC =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = abcdefg.net)(PORT = 1523))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
    (SERVER = DEDICATED)
    (SERVICE_NAME = ABC)
    )
    )

LISTENER_ABC =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = abcdefg.net )(PORT = 1523))

XYZ =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = xyzpqr.net)(PORT = 1553))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
    (SERVER = DEDICATED)
    (SERVICE_NAME = XYZ)
    )
    )

LISTENER_XYZ =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = xyzpqr.net )(PORT = 1523))

------------------------------
    Regards,

Eshwar
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Oracle probe connection with non default port

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2021 08:50 AM
    Hi Eshwar,

My guess is that the probe is not finding your tnsnames.ora file. On the robot running the oracle probe you need a support oracle client installed with up to date tnsname.ora file and the robots controller Environment Variables set to the oracle clients paths. Not sure what the issue is if you have checked all these issues. This doc lists out the requirements better:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/oracle-oracle-database-monitoring/oracle-preconfiguration-requirements.html