DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Announcing the CA UIM CA APM Gateway Probe 2.0 Solution Validation Program – Please join us!

Posted Jul 02, 2015 11:42 AM

CA Technologies is pleased to announce the CA UIM CA APM Gateway Probe 2.0 Solution Validation Program and invite you to participate! 

It’s easy to apply, just click here: http://validate.ca.com/callout/?callid=90E6DB170D04400CB0D67F99221DDBFE

The Program:

This solution validation program is scheduled to begin in July 2015. If you are selected to participate, you will test this solution communicating directly with the CA Solutions team to provide feedback on enhancements, quality and more. Your contribution relates directly to the success of the generally available (GA) release and helps to ensure that we deliver solutions that are ready to meet your real-world requirements.

The Solution:

The CA UIM CA APM Gateway Probe is a CA UIM Probe that allows users to select and send any CA UIM QoS metric to CA APM for use on CA APM Dashboards.  This solution combines application performance metrics (from CA APM) with infrastructure performance metrics (from CA UIM) providing a unified, end-to-end view of how the critical IT services are performing.

Features:

• Broad Set of Monitoring Capabilities: Thousands of infrastructure metrics from CA UIM are now available to CA APM. CA UIM has more than 140 probes and monitors that collect metrics information; this solution extracts the selected metric information and forwards it to CA APM for use in CA APM dashboards.
    • Preconfigured Monitoring: For a fast and easy installation, the solution includes certificated configurations for 19 of the probes most widely used with CA APM.
    • Easy Filtering: Fast and easy way to identify which metrics are being collected in your environment and only select the metrics you want to use in CA APM.

Benefits:

• Improved Visibility: Get a unified view of application and infrastructure metrics in a single CA APM dashboard.
    • Reduced MTTR: Reduce the time you spend finding the root cause of your application problems.
    • Broad Coverage: Get support for a broad set of application and infrastructure monitoring capabilities in one place.

We look forward to working with you to increase the value of this solution!

• 2.  Re: Announcing the CA UIM CA APM Gateway Probe 2.0 Solution Validation Program – Please join us!

Posted Jul 03, 2015 07:22 AM

Hi,

what are the requirements regarding APM and UIM version?

BR,

Stig

• 3.  Re: Announcing the CA UIM CA APM Gateway Probe 2.0 Solution Validation Program – Please join us!

Posted Jul 06, 2015 10:54 AM

Stig,

Any version of CA UIM 8.0 and above is preferred including CA UIM 8.3 Beta versions. For CA APM it is versions 9.6 and above including the new CA APM 10.0.  If you are using an older version of CA APM then there is a good chance the integration will work just fine.  We will not be testing CA APM 9.5 and would be interested to know if you will be trying the CA UIM Gateway Probe with CA APM 9.5 or any other previous version.

Cheers,

Steve...

Solutions Product Management

• 4.  Re: Announcing the CA UIM CA APM Gateway Probe 2.0 Solution Validation Program – Please join us!

Posted Jul 08, 2015 06:31 AM

Hi Steve,

I have a UIM 8.0 available and will upgrade my APM to 10. I need to ask my UIM colleague if he has planned an upgrade. Both solutions are running in our internal solution center in Germany, and we don't really monitor a whole lot of stuff.

Not sure if I should participate in the official validation program though. Would it be ok for me to join with "no strings attached"? I might or might not be able to test it thoroughly. What do you think?

Cheers,

Stig

• 5.  Re: Announcing the CA UIM CA APM Gateway Probe 2.0 Solution Validation Program – Please join us!

Posted Jul 08, 2015 02:57 PM

Stig,

Please use the link and join the group.  You are welcome to be part of the team and ride along and be kept informed on the project.  We appreciate customers who install the software and try it, but we also appreciate feedback during our development demos and ideas to make the software better.

So, yes "no strings attached", and we will keep you informed and if you do have some feedback we will appreciate it.

By the way two key focus areas for this effort are capturing Database Metrics from CA UIM for use in CA APM, and using CA UIM data from Virtual Servers (Citrix, VMware) in CA APM Dashboards.  If you have any special interest in either area then you should ride along and be kept informed.

Cheers,

Steve...