DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrade from 9.20 to 20.3.1

Posted Nov 30, 2020 12:14 PM
    LS,

Anyone tried to update or install their environment with a path other then C:\program files\nimsoft ?

I've got an issue with the wasp probe (20.3.0 and 20.3.1) when the install path is different from the default path

Eelco

• 2.  RE: Upgrade from 9.20 to 20.3.1

Posted Dec 01, 2020 03:32 AM

Hi

YES , I had the same problem too 

This is a permission problem

you need to ADD or CHANGE the permission - give EVERYONE Full control for the whole drive

From "This PC"  , select the drive that you want to use and change the permission 

And maybe you need to "replace all child object......"

For me it's work , maybe you can change only the permission  for "program files"  but i do not do it   :)

• 3.  RE: Upgrade from 9.20 to 20.3.1

Posted Dec 01, 2020 09:59 AM
    Alon,

Did you perform the securty adjustment before or after the upgrade?

TIA,

Eelco

• 4.  RE: Upgrade from 9.20 to 20.3.1

Posted Dec 02, 2020 03:53 AM

hi

I made the adjustments before , also the installation was performed in a testing environment 
    so , At this time I have not changed the settings to a more secure configuration

Hope this works out for you .

• 5.  RE: Upgrade from 9.20 to 20.3.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2020 08:22 AM
    Most customers hardly ever install on the C:\ and many customers have upgraded in Dev or Prod already without any issues.  Make sure this isn't a permissions issue on your companies side or your lack of permissions.   If you are using a Service Account it is recommended you install/upgrade with that account.

There was an update done to the 9.20 HF21 and 9.30HF4. robots for a permission issue on the robots that required a CVE.  If you have these installed, this might be a undesired outcome that you should consider opening a ticket if this is the case. 

Also can you describe the wasp issue further?  There are 3 wasp probes deployed at minimum. 

-Jay Wink

------------------------------
    Solution Engineer - AIOps
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------