CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  SDM 14.1 - No nodes under Role's Scoreboard when Customizing as Admin

Posted Jun 21, 2019 04:02 PM
    Edited by J W Jul 05, 2019 11:31 AM
    SDM 14.1

I created a new Role based on an existing Access Type and Role.  When I first switch to that Role, it has the default Scoreboard as expected.

When I change back to Administrator and try to customize the Scoreboard for the entire Role; there are no nodes under the Role.

I checked against the usq table directly and there are no rows for this Role.  Trying to Reset Scoreboard had no affect.

Long day, so maybe I've forgetting one of the usual quirks of Scoreboards, so feel free to remind me.  I couldn't find anything quite like it in the Community or internet searches.

TIA,

J.W.

------------------------------
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - TAoBB:AtED

#ca_sdm_14.1 #scoreboardnodes #casdmscoreboard
    ​​​​

• 2.  RE: SDM 14.1 - No nodes under Role's Scoreboard when Customizing as Admin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 24, 2019 09:13 AM
    Hi J W,

1. Did you actually copy an existing role or you created a new role from scratch mimicking an existing one?

2. Can you upload screen prints of the behavior you are getting?

3. What is cum-level of your r14.1 install?

===
    Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 3.  RE: SDM 14.1 - No nodes under Role's Scoreboard when Customizing as Admin

Posted Jun 24, 2019 10:05 AM
    Thanks  Brian,

1. I copied this from an existing role.
    2. Here are the screen prints:

- In the new role after created.

- From the Customize Scoreboard when in Administrator Role

3.  Version 14.1 ( tus-110 2015-10-30T15:04:45 ).  The .HIS file shows the CUM2 applied. (RO86281)

J.W.

• 4.  RE: SDM 14.1 - No nodes under Role's Scoreboard when Customizing as Admin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2019 05:18 AM
    Hi J W,

Thanks for your additional information.

I can't say with certainty that copying a role also copies the scoreboard nodes of the existing role to the new role.

You probably have to do steps mentioned in the below KB article to get that right:

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=9391

Once done the nodes should appear correctly on an attempt to customize it.

Hope this helps?

===
    Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 5.  RE: SDM 14.1 - No nodes under Role's Scoreboard when Customizing as Admin

Posted Jun 25, 2019 01:52 PM
    Edited by J W Jun 25, 2019 02:32 PM
    Thanks, Brian.  Unfortunately, I followed all those steps without error but there are still no nodes under the Role. 

I did a direct check on the database as well and realized that the id for the new Role's access type is not the same as the Role's id.  So, following the instructions added a non-existent role persid to the obj_persid. 

This didn't give errors in the load because there is no validating except for field type - string.

Also, looking at the usq, there has never been an entry in the role_persid field.

I'm going to try to roll back the updates and look further.

• 6.  RE: SDM 14.1 - No nodes under Role's Scoreboard when Customizing as Admin
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 01, 2019 04:11 PM
    i was able to resolve this once I corrected the instructions from the "Copying a CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM) Scoreboard from one Access Type or Role to another" article that Brian referenced.

Updated steps (using id fields from my own use case).  Note the change of table from 'Access_Type_v2' to 'usp_role'.

Ensure that nobody alters a scoreboard while the steps are being performed
    As always, we strongly recommend all changes be tested in a non Production environment first

Back up User_Query MDB table (using pdm_extract) before you start
      pdm_extract User_Query > usq_backup.dat

To back out the changes, remove the entire contents of the User_Query MDB table and replace with a backup copy that was created prior to the changes

pdm_replace -f usq_backup.dat

1. Extract role id from source scoreboard's role

pdm_extract -f "select id from usp_role where name='<your source role>'"

TABLE usp_role
          id
          { "400829" }
          usp_role
          rows:1

2. Extract specific fields from scoreboard queries from source role. This does not include the id or persid fields since this file will be used to import new queries for the new role.

pdm_extract -f "select expanded, factory, label, last_mod_by, last_mod_dt, obj_persid, parent, query, query_set, query_type, sequence, role_persid, tenant from User_Query where obj_persid='role:400829'" > score_out.txt

User_Query
           rows:33

3. Backup source role's scoreboard queries

pdm_extract -f "select * from User_Query where obj_persid='role:400829'" > score_out2.txt

User_Query

4. To find the id of the new role, run the following command on the CA SDM server:

pdm_extract -f "select id from usp_role where name='<your new role>'"

TABLE usp_role
           id
           { "400978" }
           usp_role
           rows:1

5. Edit the score_out.txt file produced in Step #2 above and change any occurrence of 'role:400829' to the new access type value of 'role:400978'. Save the modified output to a new file score_out3.txt

6. Load in the new data by running the following command on the CA SDM server

pdm_load -v -i -f score_out3.txt

7. Run the following commands on the CA SDM server

pdm_extract -f "select id, parent, sequence from User_Query where obj_persid='role:400829'" > par1.txt

User_Query

pdm_extract -f "select id, parent, sequence from User_Query where obj_persid='role:400978'" > par2.txt

User_Query

8. Open both files in a text editor and place them side by side.

9. Comparing par1.txt and par2.txt, modify par2.txt using find/replace so the reference to the id's in the second parent column match the new ids listed in the par2.txt file keeping par1.txt as a reference.

Although relatively time consuming, the above doesn't actually take that long if using find/replace.

10. Save the modified par2.txt file as par3.txt

11. Load the new par3.txt file back to update the relevant rows for the new access type by running the following command on the CA SDM server:

pdm_load -v -f par3.txt