Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  ETC in PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC but not appear in Clarity PPM

Posted Sep 19, 2019 06:11 AM
    Hello,

I have a gap between what I can see in Clarity PPM and what we have in table PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC.

For some projects, ETC at project level or team level or task level is = 0 but I have ETC in PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC

We have built a portlet for data quality check and we are using PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC table in order to highlight project with ETC in the past. But it will not work if we can have data in the PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC table but can not view it in Clarity PPM.

Do you know why we can have this issue ? How can I remove the data in PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC table ?

Thanks

------------------------------
    PPM Consultant
    Wipro

• 2.  RE: ETC in PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC but not appear in Clarity PPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2019 06:20 AM
    Did you previously have ETC in the Project/Task?
    Can you reslice the records on Prassignment table..

• 3.  RE: ETC in PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC but not appear in Clarity PPM

Posted Sep 19, 2019 11:18 AM
    My understanding is tha PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC is one of the insta slices ie maintained and updated by the system. If that is the case there is no supported way of reinitializing those slices.

There is also user configurable slices for monthly ETC. If your system is not corrupt you should find matching records PRJ_BLB_SLICES for MONTHLYRESOURCEESTCURVE (ID = 5). The investment monthly slices are in MONTHLY_INVESTMENT_ESTIMATES (ID=166)

If you can can matching records your system is not corrupt, but the is a reason which could be that there are inactive resources that have etc.
    Open a case with support.

• 4.  RE: ETC in PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC but not appear in Clarity PPM

Posted Sep 20, 2019 04:20 AM
    Thanks Martti,

I have searched in PRJ_BLB_SLICES for the same proj_object_id, and only slices found are for allocation. Nothing for ID=5 or ID=166.
    I have already created a ticket on support but ticket has been closed without analyze because I have written in my description that I'm using PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC in a portlet created by me. So answer from support is : it's a configuration so please contact HCL team

I will create a new ticket without putting word configuration, Hope that I will have an answer

PPM Consultant
    Wipro

• 5.  RE: ETC in PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC but not appear in Clarity PPM
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 20, 2019 01:47 PM
    Do you see anything in DAILYRESOURCEESTCURVE ?
    In my experience that is sliced reliably, more than MONTHLYRESOURCEESTCURVE

• 6.  RE: ETC in PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC but not appear in Clarity PPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2019 12:12 PM
    Can you try running the Datamart Extraction job to see if this helps to populate the missing ETC data in the views? It may be that the data is not showing due to the time periods not being in the NBI_DIM_CALENDAR table per the following tuesday tip: Clarity Tuesday Tip - How Datamart Extraction Job Affects TSV

• 7.  RE: ETC in PRJ_BLB_SLICES_M_ETC but not appear in Clarity PPM

Posted Sep 20, 2019 04:22 AM
    Hi Maria,

Thanks for your answer, but it's not the root cause of my issue I think : datamart extraction is running every week.

PPM Consultant
    Wipro