Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How do a get process monitoring et do a out put on file

Posted Sep 20, 2019 08:42 AM
    Hi group, 
               I am new witch one automation et i want make a script for do a Out Put file with Process Monitoring content. I know that 12.3 version it's possible with the export botton. If i want do this with a script, i need you help if you are more pro in scripting that me. 

Thanks evevery one

------------------------------
    Martin V
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: How do a get process monitoring et do a out put on file

Posted Sep 20, 2019 08:50 AM
    ​Hi Martin,

I do not know of any functions to export, by means of script, the process monitoring view.

Unless someone else knows something I don't (a REST function or somesuch), I see exactly two options:

One, get the data directly from the database and format it in any way you want (but this can quickly get at least mildly challenging if you need parent/child runid relations or data that is spread over multiple tables). Or you could use something like Selenium to essentially automate the process of clicking the "export" button in the browser. I'd probably aim for the first option if I had to chose. It likely requires more coding, but once implemented seems to be the more elegant of the two options to me.

Best regards,
    Carsten

• 3.  RE: How do a get process monitoring et do a out put on file
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 21, 2019 11:36 AM
    If you just need a list you can use the reporting tool (ucyrepg+ucybdbrt) included with the product. Basic, but you can define interactively reports and run them in batch mode and also schedule them in a job.

If you need more details than the ones provided by the reporting tool, you can use SQL (read only !) withe table EH that is where the Process Monitoring is taking the data.

If you need something more deeply in details, then you will get a good headeache tryng to link all the requested tables in one single SQL statement. You should then try to answer to the question "Do I need really all this ?".

Regards.
    Alain

• 4.  RE: How do a get process monitoring et do a out put on file

Posted Sep 23, 2019 01:33 PM
    Hi Alain, 
         Thanks for your answer. I search this script because i need create a board with a view of all processing jobs and workflow. My boss need see a view the process jobs with good or bad end. Before, with Dollar Univers, i did use a extract job command. With the result it was possible make the board with the good view.

Regard
    Martin V