Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Requisition notification does not go out when Booking Manager is changed

• 1.  Requisition notification does not go out when Booking Manager is changed

Posted Jun 07, 2016 03:22 AM

The Clarity documentation Fill Resource Requisitions - CA PPM - 14.2 - CA Technologies Documentation mentions that a notification is sent to both Requester and Booking Manager (both new and old) when booking manager for a particular requisition is changed - notification should go to both new and old booking manager.

But none of the parties (requester, old booking manager and new booking manager) involved are notified when a change in Booking Manager is made. Am I missing something?

The following table shows the parties that are notified when the requisition status changes:

Requisition Status ChangesRequested ByBooking Manager
    Created
    From New to OpenNotifiedNotified
    From Open to NewNotified
    From Open to ProposeNotifiedNotified
    From Proposed to BookedNotifiedNotified
    From Open to Book
    (if requisition approval is not required)
    Notified
    Booking Manager changesNotifiedNew and old booking manager are notified.
    Requested By changes
    ClosedNotifiedNotified
    Deleted

• 2.  Re: Requisition notification does not go out when Booking Manager is changed
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2016 11:31 AM

Hi Ashmi,

I tested this on a vanilla 14.2 server and no notifications were sent.  However, it works in 14.3 and above.  Even though I can't find a reported bug about this issue, I suspect it is a 14.2 bug that is fixed later.

Sincerely yours,

Jeanne Gaskill

Senior Support Engineer

CA PPM

• 3.  Re: Requisition notification does not go out when Booking Manager is changed

Posted Jul 12, 2016 01:48 AM

That's great! we are planning an upgrade soon