Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  WSSamServiceCmd command doesn't work after upgrade to SOIv4.2

Posted Jul 02, 2019 04:59 PM

Hello so I noticed that my weekly SOI Full Export Backup script isn't working any longer. 

The last working backup was before I updated to 4.2.

I have a batch file that would run every Friday at 12:00AM and run the following command:

====================
    c:
    set _day=%DATE:/=-%
    cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SOI\tomcat\bin>"
    WSSamServiceCmd -hlocalhost:7090 -usamuser -pEKdAb9adegtZkyoieLADL39VTh -aExport -s* -f"c:/%_day%-SOI_Full_Export.xml"
    ==================

Now when I run this batch file I get:

------------------------------------------------------

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SOI\tomcat\bin>WSSamServiceCmd -hlocalhost:7090 -usamuser -pEKd9dZKycQO9QfZJOnDL39VTh -aExport -s* -f"c:/Thu 06-27-2019-SOI_Full_Export.xml"

Executing WSSamServiceCmd .....
    WSSamServiceCmd() - Web Service: localhost port: 7090
    WSSamServiceCmd() - action: Export
    WSSamServiceCmd() - Service: *
    WSSamServiceCmd() - FileName: c:/Thu 06-27-2019-SOI_Full_Export.xml
    Jun 27, 2019 10:10:02 AM com.sun.ws.management.transport.HttpClient readResponse
    INFO: Response discarded: <!doctype html><html lang="en"><head><title>HTTP Status 500 ΓÇô Internal Server Error</title><style type="text/css">H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}</style></head><body><h1>HTTP Status 500 ΓÇô Internal Server Error</h1><hr class="line" /><p><b>Type</b> Status Report</p><p><b>Description</b> The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.</p><hr class="line" /><h3>Apache Tomcat Version X</h3></body></html>

WSSamServiceCmd() - An error has occured during your enumerate operation: Content-Type of response is not acceptable: text/html;charset=utf-8
    WSSamServiceCmd() - Web Service request failed....
    Return code: 0
    ----------------------------------

This started after I upgraded to 4.2. The box was just rebooted this morning and all services are up and running fine but this command doesn't work. I tried the same command on my other SOI MGR lab box and get the same issue. I tried using the password in the '' also "" and it doesn't matter. It doesn't work. 

Support (20017235) gave up after 1 attempt to help and suggested I open a community post for any possible ideas or suggestions here. 
    #soi4.2

​​

------------------------------
    Daniel Blanco
    Enterprise Tools Architect
    Alphaserve Technologies

• 2.  RE: WSSamServiceCmd command doesn't work after upgrade to SOIv4.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2019 05:19 PM
    Hi Dan,
    The encrypted password should be in double quotes "", try that and it should work.
    Thanks
    Shaheen

• 3.  RE: WSSamServiceCmd command doesn't work after upgrade to SOIv4.2

Posted Jul 03, 2019 05:13 AM
    Edited by alan rooney Jul 03, 2019 05:14 AM
    ​Have you configured SSL? These utilities do not support a full SSL configuration. I can't remember off hand which setting needs to be disabled. If you still have your old 4.0 environment you can compare your settings. Or just reverse your settings one at a time in your test environment.
    Please also be aware that if you ever try to restore from a full export some of the custom policies, if you have any, might need to be updated first. For any policies with a value less that 9 the export only exports a single digit "1" instead of "01". The import expects four digits (two for each value you set in your policy) so it will fail if it sees something like 150 (Which should be 0150)

Alan

• 4.  RE: WSSamServiceCmd command doesn't work after upgrade to SOIv4.2

Posted Jul 04, 2019 08:43 AM
    Hello,yeah that was the first thing support suggested but SSL is not enabled. Sent in the 3 diles to check and they dont have it on. 
    Uphrading from 4.0 to 4.2 messed up this command function.

Daniel Blanco
    Alphaserve Technologies

• 5.  RE: WSSamServiceCmd command doesn't work after upgrade to SOIv4.2

Posted Jul 17, 2019 12:06 PM
    Okay so figured out more on my own here.
    This command isn't working in my environment b/c I have a SOI-SNOW integration package applied. On a clean fresh 4.2 install the command works but after I applied the SOI-SNOW tomcat\lib files this command then breaks. I have an email to the Global Delivery team asking to look into this. 

Anyway I just noticed that on the wiki page for SOI v4.2 they added a new command called now 
    WSSamServiceCmdV2
    and when I tried running this command it worked. I was happy until I noticed that the file size was much smaller than when the previous command was working. 
    Previously my -s* export was 11MB. Checking this now the export is only 7MB. 
    Looking at the file I noticed that this command is NOT exporting any "Escalation Policies & Action" entries. It's just exporting Services and the services definitions.
    Why!!? Why was this part of the command removed or am I missing a option that I can specify that also exports all the Escalation Policies I have created?

Daniel Blanco
    Alphaserve Technologies

• 6.  RE: WSSamServiceCmd command doesn't work after upgrade to SOIv4.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2019 12:39 PM
    Hi Dan,
    WSSSAServiceCmdV2 does not include escalation policies and action. It was created to increase the performance of exporting and importing of services only (the old one is little slow).
    Thanks
    Shaheen

• 7.  RE: WSSamServiceCmd command doesn't work after upgrade to SOIv4.2

Posted Jul 17, 2019 12:56 PM
    Dam, ok thanks Shaheen. I gotta figure out the issue with the SOI-SNOW integration jar files then now.

Daniel Blanco
    Alphaserve Technologies