Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Automation Engine v11 - Retrieve/set a copy of the job report (Windows Job)

Posted Jun 28, 2018 07:09 PM

Hello!

I've been scouring the sites/google for answers on how to dump or retrieve a report to manipulate it later on in a workflow.   I've got a  JOBS (Windows) job that does, say, a directory of c:\.   I want to grab the content of the Report.    I have to do this with an RA/FTP job too, so I can't stuff a directory listing into another file via the job.

I've tried setting an explicit file in the OUTPUT tab, no user box checked.   The file never gets any data/content.  I've also tried to enable "all Ext" under the Attributes tab.  OUTPUT SCAN doesn't cut what I need (or so I think).   I tried to mess with REGISTEROUTPUTFILE command but same thing.

The process tab just contains a DIR command and I have R/W to the working directory path, and batch rights of course.

I'm sorry if I missed a clear article or something in the help files online.  Been at it and wanted to ask around.

Thanks,

Adam

• 2.  Re: Automation Engine v11 - Retrieve/set a copy of the job report (Windows Job)
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 01, 2018 03:27 PM

Hi,

If its just a alue or a string to grab you can use the scriptcommnd REGISTER_VARIABLE.

Automic 

Further comment: its not necessary using it between register variable or anything else as stated in docu, you can use it in plain JCL if you want.

if its more then I would use PREP_PROCESS_REPORT

Automic 

cheers,wolfgang

• 3.  Re: Automation Engine v11 - Retrieve/set a copy of the job report (Windows Job)

Posted Jul 02, 2018 01:36 PM

Thank you, I'll give this a go and let you know!   I appreciate it.   I was hoping it would be easy enough to specify a static output-tab/file for that report but, again, I just can't seem to make it work.

Frankly I'm trying to run a directory listing on an FTP/RA agent then parse the list to detect the files.   I just need the list of files it saw.

Thank you again

-Adam

• 4.  Re: Automation Engine v11 - Retrieve/set a copy of the job report (Windows Job)

Posted Jul 17, 2018 01:23 PM

Sorry for the delay -  the PREP_PROCESS_REPORT worked very well, thank you.   I've got some crude dos-based stuff that gets the data I need from the resultant file and that did the trick.

Ultimately it's because we can't do a filewatch via FTP agent.    But otherwise this was a great workaround!