Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

• 1.  Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

Posted Jun 20, 2017 11:55 AM

Announcing the new Work Views feature in CA Agile Central, now Open Beta!

CA Agile Central is specially built to support scaling agile across the enterprise, while providing a simple experience for teams.

At CA, we understand that it isn’t enough to be able to track the work, you have to be able to see and access the work that is important to you easily, quickly and in a single place. Our research has shown that users work more efficiently, and find simpler ways of working when provided with a single place to work and a consistent pattern for managing work.

We know that many users, such as process managers and work managers, benefit from being able to access work across multiple teams. Process managers, including Release Train Engineers and Scrum Masters, care about users following guidelines. Work Managers, including Product Owners, Product Managers, and Executives,  are concerned about work status, and how the work affects achievement of their own or other’s goals.

We’re introducing an important new feature in CA Agile Central that supports users who need to see and find their work easily, and manage it in one place.  Work Views will allow Agile Central Users to manage work of all types for one or many teams on one page.

How do you benefit?

• Find your work faster and easier
    • Work with backlogs across multiple teams
    • See, save and manage a single view of all of your work, whether with one or multiple teams
    • See, save and manage a single view including multiple work item types with hierarchy

To learn more visit https://www.ca.com/us/products/agile-solutions.html

• 2.  Re: Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

Posted Jun 20, 2017 12:05 PM

This sounds like a great feature. How do we get the beta enabled in our subscription?

• 3.  Re: Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

Posted Jun 20, 2017 12:23 PM

Ron, This feature is on for all users. You can access this page through the Plan tab in the Navigation. Just select the Work Views page and voila! You're there!

• 4.  Re: Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

Posted Jun 20, 2017 01:15 PM

It is now ... had to log out and log back in first. Even got a nice intro on the main page. Thanks much!

• 5.  Re: Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

Posted Jun 21, 2017 11:27 AM

When will this be available for On Prem?

• 6.  Re: Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

Posted Jul 17, 2017 04:36 PM

Evers, 

Unfortunately I do not have a timeline for this. We are currently investigating the effort to get some of our services needed for this new page into the On Prem version. 

• 7.  Re: Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

Posted Jun 21, 2017 08:53 AM

Hi, I tried this feature out, and there is going to be a learning curve.. and a few key items are missing for me. I shouldn't have switched during such a crucial crunch time for me and for now I want to revert back... how do I do that?

• 8.  Re: Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

Posted Jun 21, 2017 09:54 AM

Hi Jenna, if you're referring to the Work Views page itself, there really is no "switching" to it - really you can just choose to not use that page. 

If you're referring to Quick Detail Pages (QDP) which opens up work items over on the right side instead of a new page, you can switch back by clicking on the Default view toggle either in QDP or the full editable detail page (EDP) at top-right. This sets your preference:

• 9.  Re: Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

Posted Jun 21, 2017 10:13 AM

Sorry… I meant workspaces.

~Jenna

• 10.  Re: Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

Posted Jun 21, 2017 10:46 AM

Ah, ok. I see you already submitted a case so that's probably a good thing - one of our support engineers will be picking that up soon and reaching out. Thanks!

• 11.  Re: Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

Posted Jun 21, 2017 05:30 PM

FYI, if you're a sub admin with access to thousands of projects (at least I think that's part of the problem here) the shortcuts from a Feature QDP to a Work View will fail to load. I've submitted a support ticket for this.

• 12.  Re: Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

Posted Jun 22, 2017 02:11 PM

I know this is a beta feature but this is second time I am little disappointed with the feature released by CA. First one was Team board and now work view. Filter provided on both pages do not have custom filter option. Without advance filter this page is not usable. Team view, you can not save the filter also.

I am getting a feeling that CA is changing the usability with a new way of navigation. However, this is going backward as we are loosing existing functionalities. We already customized the existing backlog view and it provided more feature than what we get from workview. I was expecting CA will also do that as it is a simple and easy upgrade

• 13.  Re: Product Announcement - Work Views Open Beta!

Posted Jul 17, 2017 04:24 PM

Thank you for your feedback. We have released both pages in Beta, which means they are still in development and will continue to change. We wanted to get the value to our customers as quickly as possible, which meant releasing before all functionality was completed. We do have plans to add expanded filtering to the new pages as well as Saving and Sharing your views. To be used on the new page, all of this functionality has to be re-written and will take some time and effort. I am glad to hear you desire this functionality. Hearing this from our customers helps us prioritize what gets delivered next. Please continue to give us feedback and Thank You again!