AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Auto start of Autosys services

Posted Nov 27, 2020 08:29 AM

Hi

I'm using CA WAAE 11.3.6.8 on RHEL 7. I have a problem with starting autosys services after reboot. I'm using script, that runs services in next order:

sh /etc/init.d/igatewayd start

sh /etc/init.d/dxserver start

/opt/CA/SharedComponents/Csam/SockAdapter/bin/csampmux start

$UNICNTRL start all

$UNICNTRL start CA-wcc CA-wcc-services CA-wcc-db

When I run this script with Ansible, sometime it starts all services, but sometime I get next error:

Starting "/opt/CA/SharedComponents/Csam/SockAdapter/bin/csampmuxf" . Starting cam in /opt/CA/SharedComponents/ccs/cam .CADR_I_DOCINIT Doc/Help server initialized on Sun Nov 1 11:37:20 2020 .CACM_S_047 Calendar daemon initialization in progress... .CACM_S_005 Number of calendars loaded into storage is 0 .CACM_S_005 Number of calendars loaded into storage is 0 .CACM_S_049 --------------------------------------------------------- .CACM_S_050 List of available Calendars .CACM_S_049 --------------------------------------------------------- .CACM_S_049 --------------------------------------------------------- .CACM_S_048 Calendar daemon initialization was successful. Waiting for requests... .STAR_S_DEASTRT Daemon started on node p-autosys-app12.bnppua.net.intra. .CATD_I_304 CA Trap Manager is not using Trap translation tables. .CATD_S_038 CA SNMP Trap Manager started successfully Stop request returned response 0 camclose: server closed.

And when I run this script in manual mode, sometime I get next message:

service controller is not running/responding

Restarting of csampmux can help, but I don't see dependencies between successful and unsuccessfull starts of Autosys services.

Please tell me how to make an automatic start of services. I need it for auto patch management

• 2.  RE: Auto start of Autosys services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2020 09:39 AM
    Hi,

Those CACM type messages are coming from the Event Management components, not AutoSys.  You have more installed than what is pasted into the post.
    Check your config file to see how the UnicenterEvents= is set to.  If set to 0, then there is no link between the two.  If set to 1, then you have ti set to forward all the event demon log messages to the NSM Event Console and then you will need to determine if it is being used at your site or not.  

Regards,
    Mike

• 3.  RE: Auto start of Autosys services

Posted Dec 01, 2020 09:58 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

I have 3 servers with Primary, Shadow and Tie-breaker schedulers. UnicenterEvents option is set to 1 only on Primary scheduler. Most often, the problem of starting services appears on Shadow and Tie-breaker schedulers. EM works fine on primary at that moment.

• 4.  RE: Auto start of Autosys services

Posted Dec 01, 2020 10:22 PM
    Ideally the UnicenterEvents=1 should be set on all three servers. It will create duplicate events on Event Console, but it helps when a fail over happens.

Also are you using SNMP traps for message record/actions? If not, then you can ignore the above SNMP trap server messages.

Regards
    Pothen

• 5.  RE: Auto start of Autosys services

Posted Dec 24, 2020 10:07 AM

The problem is solved. I forgot about autorun of CA services.

These services were removed from systemd. Now it seems to be starting normally with script.

# chkconfig --level 2345 CA-diadna off
    # chkconfig --level 345 CA-cci off
    # chkconfig --level 2345 CA-diaukb off
    # chkconfig --level 35 CA-wcc off
    # chkconfig --level 35 CA-wcc-db off
    # chkconfig --level 35 CA-wcc-services off
    # chkconfig --level 2345 dxserver off
    # chkconfig --level 35 waae_sched.P03 off
    # chkconfig --level 35 waae_server.P03 off