Plex 2E

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

PLEX 7.2 Fails to Launch with error "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

• 1.  PLEX 7.2 Fails to Launch with error "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

Posted May 21, 2015 08:15 PM

Hello,

I am having an issue while launching a brand new installation of PLEX 7.2 on a client's VM.

I installed on a Win7 Enterprise system and there were no installation errors but when trying to launch PLEX I get the error "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please set the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail"

Full message visible in Even Viewer's log:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Plex\7.2\Plex.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.6195" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

This system has VS2006. What component is missing or outdated?

Thanks,

Lucio

www.plex-world.com

• 2.  Re: PLEX 7.2 Fails to Launch with error "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect"
    Best Answer

Posted May 22, 2015 12:55 AM

Hi,

You are missing correct winc runtimes. Try http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

If I recall that's the latest.

Kari

• 3.  Re: PLEX 7.2 Fails to Launch with error "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

Posted May 26, 2015 09:52 AM

Hello Kary,

Yes, this was the issue. I installed vcredist_x86.EXE and PLEX launches successfully.

A big thank you for Frederic Menard who very kindly sent me the C++ runtimes for 32 and 64bit.

Thank you!

Lucio

www.plex-world.com

• 4.  Re: PLEX 7.2 Fails to Launch with error "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

Posted May 23, 2015 03:02 PM

solved, Lucio?

• 5.  Re: PLEX 7.2 Fails to Launch with error "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

Posted May 26, 2015 09:52 AM

Hola Jorge!

Yes, solved with the C++ runtime update.

Gracias!

Lucio

www.plex-world.com