Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Create a link to the Idea/Project and the Action Item in an Action Item Message

Posted Mar 03, 2017 12:34 PM
      |   view attached

Is there a way to create a link to the url link in the workflow action item message?  I know there's a link to the Action Item in the Default Notifications, but per requirements for another project we had to remove that link in the notification.  So what we want is to be able to include a link to the Idea or Project where the Action Item came from and a link to the Action Item within a Process Manual Action - Action Item Message.  When I copy and pasted the current link to an Action Item into the Action.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Garrett

• 2.  Re: Create a link to the Idea/Project and the Action Item in an Action Item Message

Posted Mar 03, 2017 05:28 PM

Here's a screenshot with the url link in the message that does not work for us.

• 3.  Re: Create a link to the Idea/Project and the Action Item in an Action Item Message
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 23, 2017 09:01 AM

I found out that this feature is an OOTB feature.  The only this was when I copied the Action Item link to the Desciption field, I missed the end bracket.  That's why it didn't work.  I also discovered you can add links to the Idea properties through the Notification Templates.  The only thing is it's a bug in v14.4, and the link does not work.

• 4.  Re: Create a link to the Idea/Project and the Action Item in an Action Item Message

Posted Mar 06, 2017 10:29 AM

Check Nick's response on this thread:

Customize Notifications 

Not sure if you'll be able to include a LINK to the originating idea, just values from the idea attributes (which you are already doing). I find that we have vastly more flexibility with emails when we just use GEL script to create them. We can include all the data we want, format as HTML, and include links to any objects in CA PPM. 

I think the issue is that you'll still have this default action item notification being sent out in addition to any GEL script email that you generate. To my knowledge you can't bypass those emails on an ad-hoc basis for just one step in one process. If your users are OK with disregarding the first message and using the GEL script email instead that would be fine. If you really wanted to go nuclear you could disable EVERYONE'S notifications system-wide related to process action items but then you'd have to always send a GEL email every time you have an action item being created.