DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

extend the Session Expired

• 1.  extend the Session Expired

Posted Dec 31, 2020 03:56 AM
    Hello All.

How do I extend the Session Expired for OC 20.32 ?
    I use the refresh page feature but when I see something to drill down into I get a message that my session expired and I have to re-authenticate.

Many Thanks,

• 2.  RE: extend the Session Expired

Posted Dec 31, 2020 04:09 AM

• 3.  RE: extend the Session Expired
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 31, 2020 04:28 AM
    Doc 20.3.2: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/unified-infrastructure-management/20-3/release-notes/OC-20_3_2-Patch.html
    Enhanced Session Management
    UIM now provides the following token parameters in the wasp.cfg file that help administrators efficiently manage the user sessions:
    • oc.jwt.expiryInSecs
       Allows administrators to specify the appropriate interval (in seconds) after which the session of the inactive users is expired. After the expiry of the session, when the users try to perform any action in the OC UI, they receive a session timeout expiry message along with the login link.
    oc.jwt.refreshInterval
     Allows administrators to configure the refresh interval (in seconds). Based on the specified interval, the session is appropriately refreshed if the user is active in the UI. Ensure that the value of the refresh interval is lower than the session expiry (oc.jwt.expiryInSecs) value.

OC users can add the "keep-alive=true" parameter to the OC URL to continue working in the UI without any interruption. For example, 
    http://<OC_server>/operatorconsole_portlet/standalone_login.jsp?keep-alive=true

• 4.  RE: extend the Session Expired

Posted Jan 11, 2021 03:17 AM
    Many thanks

• 5.  RE: extend the Session Expired

Posted Jan 16, 2021 12:32 PM
    I don't understand should we use those parameters or config changes in the web.xml file:

For example:
    <session-config> 

<session-timeout>30</session-timeout> 

</session-config>

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/202536/operator-console-203-timeout-settings.html

• 6.  RE: extend the Session Expired

Posted Jan 19, 2021 04:47 PM
    Either the above OC wasp settings or the KB xml.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: extend the Session Expired

Posted Jan 31, 2021 12:06 PM
    hi need help here on the same issue !
    we have config those variables to :

but the session still time out.
    we want to modify the maximum value to expiryInSec - maybe 12 hours is too much?
    the oc still expire

• 8.  RE: extend the Session Expired

Posted Jan 31, 2021 12:15 PM
    to be more specific - when we refresh the oc pages (no matter where) it logs off and we need to give username and pass again.
    i cant say how much time it takes but it deffentily not 12 hours

• 9.  RE: extend the Session Expired

Posted Feb 01, 2021 09:05 AM
    On my experience, in some cases I get locked out after 15 minutes inactivity, in other the session is still usable after 2 hours...

• 10.  RE: extend the Session Expired

Posted Feb 01, 2021 09:17 AM
    exactly !! it didnt happen before the 20.3.2 and those oc.jwt....
    what can i do?
    i opened a case and its not helping too much

• 11.  RE: extend the Session Expired

Posted Feb 01, 2021 11:02 AM
    I am seeing the same behavior on refresh. I can click between OC pages just fine, but on refresh I always end up back at the login page. I suspect somehow the session info is lost on refresh. Your session expiry time in the config is probably working correctly. I think the best practice would be to not refresh the browser when using OC. If you want to reload the webapp you are using, just click on a different entry in the menu (like Settings) and then come back. At least that seems to meet my needs.

• 12.  RE: extend the Session Expired

Posted Feb 01, 2021 04:28 PM
    Hello,
    We have a strange issue where we put the session expiration to 30 minutes at the automatic refresh to 4 minutes. We assigned a ldap group to an ACL and we link a local account.

People members of the LDAP group get a "error retrieving alarms" message and needs to re-login after the first refresh.
    If you login with the local account link to the ACL, the refresh works properly.

We also have another ldap group, assign to a ACL and local account but these people does not receive the error. 

I have a case submitted for that but I'm just looking if you have the same issue. 
    OC 20.3.2

Thanks

• 13.  RE: extend the Session Expired

Posted Aug 12, 2021 10:08 PM
    Thanks for this info Luc... 

Unfortunately we're still having issues with constantly being logged out and needing to re-enter credentials. We've set the two variables to:
    oc.jwt.expiryInSecs=14400 (4 hours)
    oc.jwt.refreshInterval=120 (2 mins)

After logging in, any links links to our OC instance within emails work nicely - they open in a new tab as expected. After some time, clicking the links will result in a logon screen and we all know that when credentials are entered, the original URL is ignored and you're taken to the homepage. 

The ?keep-alive=true parameter works ok provided you stay statically on one screen, but as soon as you click into another section of the UI - it's removed from the URL.

It definitely all reduces workflow.