DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  sql_response thresholds from query

Posted Jul 22, 2019 06:44 AM
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has implemented dynamic thresholds in the sql_response probe?

I've a query running which returns four columns.  Tablespace name, free space, major threshold and critical threshold.  The major and critical threshold values are updated behind the scenes by a capacity planning job and represent 5 and 6 months growth.

I want my sql_response query to return a major alert when the free space figure is less than the major threshold figure, but I don't know if there's a way to set the threshold value to the value from the query.

I could modify the query to do the value comparison but I can't include the threshold amount in the alert text and I'd need two tests, one for Major and one for Critical.

Thanks
    James

• 2.  RE: sql_response thresholds from query

Posted Jul 23, 2019 01:35 AM
    You could generate in your sql query a PU probe_config_set command to update the dynamic threshold value in your sql_response definition.
    Example of command needed:
    pu.exe -u administrator -p (xxx) /(domain)/(hub)/(robot) probe_config_set sql_response "profiles/ca_uim_space2/value/alarm_lists/1" "high_threshold" "900" "" "(robot)"