Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Does merging multiple VSI affect the VSM also?

Posted Aug 23, 2017 03:11 PM

I have few questions on this:

1.Is there any easier way to merge the VSI apart from using Devtest WS and slect "Combine VS into existing one".

2.Is there a limitation of merging the VSI.I tried merging two REST(GET) VSI with different URI.It didn't work well for me.

3.Does merging multiple VSI affect the VSM also?

4.Whats the most convenient way to merge two VS

• 2.  Re: Does merging multiple VSI affect the VSM also?

Posted Aug 23, 2017 04:13 PM

Merging multiple vsi files has no real limit.

The main point to consider is if the base path in the vsm will honor all transactions across the vsi(s). 

You may have to update the vsm with addtl base paths, or generalize the base path to /

• 3.  Re: Does merging multiple VSI affect the VSM also?

Posted Aug 23, 2017 05:03 PM

Thanks  Mark!

• 4.  Re: Does merging multiple VSI affect the VSM also?

Posted Aug 23, 2017 04:54 PM

One more thing to consider is the Data Protocol Handlers in both VSMs - in the Listen step under Filters.

If the VSMs are using REST DPH, take a look at the URI rules. The VSM using the merged VSI should contain all the necessary rules.

Heloisa.

• 5.  Re: Does merging multiple VSI affect the VSM also?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 23, 2017 05:05 PM

Hello, 

Here is my comments. 

1.Is there any easier way to merge the VSI apart from using Devtest WS and slect "Combine VS into existing one".

Rajesh k Singh Ans:  Yes you can use the The VSE Manager command to achieve this. 

2.Is there a limitation of merging the VSI.I tried merging two REST(GET) VSI with different URI.It didn't work well for me.

Rajesh k Singh Ans:  why you want to merge if they point to different URL/ENDPOINT?  what is business case for this? 

Still you want to deploy multiple endpoints then you can run VSE manager command multiple time. however both endpoint will be having identical transactions. 

FYI..After merger all transactions from other VSI's will be merge into base VSI. 

3.Does merging multiple VSI affect the VSM also?

Rajesh k Singh Ans: No impact on VSM but make sure you call base VSI where you merge all other VSI's  

4.Whats the most convenient way to merge two VS

Rajesh k Singh Ans: It depend on your confirmation and need. you can use any approach.  however WS is easiest one. 

Hope this help. 

Thanks 

Rajesh k singh

• 6.  Re: Does merging multiple VSI affect the VSM also?

Posted Sep 06, 2017 03:15 PM

Thanks you very much Rajesh