Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Why do not CA SOI groups appear in the CMDB?

Posted Jan 28, 2018 10:17 PM

Hello everyone
    I have CA SOI and CA SDM integrated so that the services modeled in CA SOI appear in the CMDB.
    But I have modeled a service using groups in CA SOI, and the groups and their relationships are not appearing in the CMDB.
    Do you know what it is?

• 2.  Re: Why do not CA SOI groups appear in the CMDB?

Posted Jan 29, 2018 04:43 AM

Hi Martin,

This looks to me like a mapping problem in the Connector Policy.

Or there are mandatory properties in SDM, to create the CI, but they are not filled properly by SOI.

That has to be traced further, by setting the connector into Debug, and also looking in SDM what is happening there.

MichaelBoehm

• 3.  Re: Why do not CA SOI groups appear in the CMDB?

Posted Feb 01, 2018 12:56 PM

Hi Michael,

Open a case in CA Support, and they tell me that the CI Group does not exist in CA SDM, so it is not created. And what you would have to do is customize the connection policies so that the CI Group is created in the CA SDM.
    Do you know how I could do it?

• 4.  Re: Why do not CA SOI groups appear in the CMDB?

Posted Feb 02, 2018 03:24 AM

Hi Martin,

I checked in the SDM Connector Policy, and indeed, groups are not mapped back to SDM.

The reason is (possibly), that there are many different ways of what you can map a group to.

Looking at the import from SDM to SOI, groups are created from familyNames Network.*|Cluster|Organization.

In order to map an SOI group to an object in SDM, you have to:

• figure out classes you want to use in SDM for mapping
    • create the rules which SOI group object should be mapped to which SDM object class
    • make sure you have all mandatory properties (required in SDM) available in SOI to create such an object in SDM
    • updater the connector SB (southbound) policy with above mapping

I can support you in the last step - best via direct communication: Michael.Boehm@ca.com

By design, the SDM Connector was developed to import CIs from SDM into SOI and keep services in synch, not the other way around.  Thus, there are some areas that must be updated if you want to follow that path.

MichaelBoehm

• 5.  Re: Why do not CA SOI groups appear in the CMDB?

Posted Feb 01, 2018 12:02 PM

Thanks MichaelBoehm

Carlos, let us know how you are making out with this