DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to change admin password for web interface

Posted Aug 21, 2019 08:32 PM
    Hi guys,

I need to change password for admin user on web interface but I didnt know how to do it.

User admin for web interface

I hope some one can help me.

Regards

Joseph

• 2.  RE: How to change admin password for web interface

Posted Aug 22, 2019 02:33 AM
    Hey Joseph,

If APM is configured with local security, then it uses users.xml file.This file uses the encrypted password for the users. The password can be encrypted with the help of SHA2encoder.sh/SHA2encoder.bat (tools directory). Copy the generated password and paste it in users.xml file in the resptecd line for admin user.

Kindly follow the below link for detailed information that how to generate password and update the users.xml:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-7/en/administrating/apm-security/securing-introscope/securing-introscope-using-local-security

Thanks,
    Vinay

• 3.  RE: How to change admin password for web interface

Posted Aug 26, 2019 04:49 PM

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for the answer and the help. I can change the pass without any problems.

Regards

Jose

• 4.  RE: How to change admin password for web interface

Posted Aug 22, 2019 09:36 AM
    Hi Joseph,

In <home>/config, There is a file called users.xml, there is the user admin.
    You can save the password as plain text, if you wish.

Now, if you want to encrypt it, there are several ways, but the easiest one is to change the word true to false, so that when you restart the services,
    the system automatically encrypts it, what you should consider is that when you change the true to false, CA APM will consider all passwords that are written as plain text, and will encrypt it again.

To change the password, you do not need to restart services, unless you want to encrypt it through the process that I indicated.

Regards

• 5.  RE: How to change admin password for web interface
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 26, 2019 04:49 PM

Hi Richard,

I can change the pass without any problems. Thanks for the answer and the help.

Regards

Jose