Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Attempting to execute a script as part of an automation exercise - encountering RetrofitError: 500 Server Error

• 1.  Attempting to execute a script as part of an automation exercise - encountering RetrofitError: 500 Server Error

Posted Apr 08, 2016 10:29 AM

Attempting to execute a script as part of an automation exercise that should sign on as a specific user, build an image and model, create a mar file, remove an existing VS (Web/SOAP) and then deploy the latest model.

We're encountering retrofit error (ERROR: An error occurred processing specified arguments.  Use --help for help. retrofit.RetrofitError: 500 Server Error) during the removal and the deployment steps.

Not sure if this is a red herring but the log file contains the following [DevTest AGENT:C][INFO][18378][1][main][08-Apr-2016 11:07:15] Command line: /opt/lisa/CA/DevTest803/jre/bin/java -Dinstall4j.jvmDir=/opt/lisa/CA/DevTest803/jre -Di4j.vpt=true -Dinstall4j.launcherId=1056 -Dinstall4j.swt=false -Xms24m -DLISA_LOG=vsemgr.log -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/lisa/CA/DevTest803/bin//../lib/endorsed -Dexe4j.moduleName=/opt/lisa/CA/DevTest803/bin/VSEManager -XX:HeapDumpPath=/opt/lisa/CA/DevTest803/bin//../tmp -DdummyArg -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Di4j.vmov=true -Xmx256m -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -DLISA_HOME=/opt/lisa/CA/DevTest803/bin//../ -Djava.security.policy=/opt/lisa/CA/DevTest803/bin//../lisa.permissions -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -classpath

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas as to what the issue may be (apologies for the generic nature of this question).

• 2.  Re: Attempting to execute a script as part of an automation exercise - encountering RetrofitError: 500 Server Error

Posted Apr 08, 2016 11:51 AM

Not certain.  But, your message "... error occurred processing specified arguments.  Use --help" seems to be indicating that one of your command line statements is missing a value or is incorrectly pointing to a value.  For example, let's say you were executing the ServiceManager from a command line and failed to provide the --vrs argument.  The Use --help would indicate that you need to verify that the command line has supplied all of the required arguments.   

I wish I knew for certain that this was your error, but I would start by looking at each of the command lines and ensure the required arguments are properly configured.  You may be able to fire each command from a command prompt to diagnose which one is throwing the error.

• 3.  Re: Attempting to execute a script as part of an automation exercise - encountering RetrofitError: 500 Server Error
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 12, 2016 09:53 AM

Thanks Joel, resolved it now due to a PICNIC (Problem In Chair Not In Computer) issue - I was using the user credentials for the linux server as one of the script arguments rather than the DevTest console (user has the same username in both instances)