DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Cross-Landscape Fault Correlation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2016 12:39 PM

Dear Spectrum Community Users,

Wish you guys a very happy and prosperous new year !!!

Most of you guys have been asking for better support in Spectrum for Cross-Landscape Root Cause Analysis and Fault Isolation. Today we can achieve this using Proxy Model feature and can configure Spectrum for Cross-Landscape Fault Correlation.

We would like to understand what is more that is required which cannot be sufficed by Proxy Model feature. Also would like your inputs on your perception and expectations of Cross-Landscape Fault Correlation.

Your comments and critics are appreciated. I would also be more than happy to have a detailed discussion around it. Do drop me a note at Nagesh.Jaiswal@ca.com and I will schedule a call.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nagesh

• 2.  Re: Cross-Landscape Fault Correlation

Posted Jan 06, 2016 02:22 PM

Proxy models can be handy for small networks with a few connections that cross landscapes.  But for larger networks that have meshed networks with many points that may span landscape connections, proxy models are too cumbersome and too difficult to maintain what should be in both landscapes and what needs to be a proxy vs main model.  A large amount of effort is required to maintain.

We have setup proxy models for limited areas that have very well defined handoffs between landscapes.  Even there, we have had to do special things to differentiate between the real device and the proxy model. 

So, I would like to see a more automated way for Spectrum to know where connections cross into other landscapes and to use that knowledge for fault isolation and other rules and correlations.

• 3.  Re: Cross-Landscape Fault Correlation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2016 08:33 AM

Hi Bill_Barnes

Thanks for your response.

Thanks,

Nagesh