Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Sharepoint Connector

Posted Feb 03, 2016 05:51 PM

We want sharepoint as document repository only.

I went through this RE: Clarity/Sharepoint Connector

However I fail to understand if it will allow me to configure the interface such that at sharepoint end user should see only the documents not the WBS, and any other project stuff.

Trying it out is a lot of effort/cost so if someone can throw some light on how much configurable it is, it will be great.

• 2.  Re: Sharepoint Connector

Posted Feb 23, 2016 08:22 AM

Suhas - The OOB Sharepoint Connector is a bit clunky to set up, but it does have the functionality that you are looking for.  Any specific object or view that you want to expose from Clarity into SharePoint needs to be specifically set up using the Web Parts.  That means that SharePoint users see only what has been linked, and can see nothing else within the application. 

John

• 3.  Re: Sharepoint Connector

Posted Feb 23, 2016 11:57 AM

Thanks John.

Does the connector allow reverse traffic? Like post updates to clarity, like creating the projects, or ideas ?

Regards,

Suhas

• 4.  Re: Sharepoint Connector

Posted Feb 23, 2016 12:50 PM

Hi Suhas. For your "sharepoint as document repository only" requirement - we use SharePoint as our project document repository. We have a URL attribute on the Project Object that the PMs paste the URL to their SharePoint Project sites into then click 'Save'.

sharepoint project site URL admin.jpg

sharepoint project site URL.jpg

This scores 'high' for ease of use & cost effectiveness - 'low' for complexity of integration and upgrade-ability risk.

HTH

• 5.  Re: Sharepoint Connector

Posted Feb 26, 2016 04:12 PM

Suhas - now you have expanded the scope from SharePoint as a repository to SharePoint as a point of data origination.  It may be technically feasible, but I do not know any user who has successfully used the out-of-the-box connector for two-way data, including project and idea creation.  I know that my company in coordination with ITROI offer a SharePoint connector that does support full two-way data flow, but this is not a CA offering.