ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to trigger Windows jobs based on output of UNIX jobs

Posted Aug 04, 2020 04:54 AM
    Hi,
    I am looking for a solution with steps as how to trigger Windows jobs based on the output status of a UNIX job in CA Workload Automation Desktop Client Version: 12.1.00.00 In the Unix script we can only create the output status of existence of file or not. It the file exists, then it has it trigger Windows jobs otherwise no action has to be done. In the Unix job (in Unix Server A), how can that output status be setup and sent as input value so that it can trigger the refresh scripts in the Windows job (in Windows Server B). The servers A and B has no connectivity, hence through D-Series we wanted to handle.

Thanks in Advance

------------------------------
    Uma
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: How to trigger Windows jobs based on output of UNIX jobs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2020 01:52 AM
    Hi,

If your requirement is to run a windows job based on the file existence or not , then please check if the below suggestion helps.

I will suggest to use the File Trigger job - https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/workload-automation-de/12-2/scheduling/job-types/monitoring-jobs/file-trigger-jobs/define-a-file-trigger-job.html

This job can check if a file exists or not. Based on its completion , you can run the windows job.

- Ravi Kiran

• 3.  RE: How to trigger Windows jobs based on output of UNIX jobs

Posted Aug 05, 2020 04:55 AM
    Thank you Ravi Kiran. This will be helpful to resolve my issue.