Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  SiteMinder&Clarity&IWA

Posted Jan 15, 2015 11:56 AM

Hi All,

I have integrated Clarity PPM with SiteMinder according Ca Green Book ( https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/common/greenbooks/CA_Clarity_PPM_v13_Integrating_with_CA_SiteMinder_ENU.pdf ) in test env.

My target is sso.  If user is authenticated in Active Directory, then can direct access  to Clarity home page, without giving credentials.

I have set persistent cookie to yes and session time-out is not enabled.

User have to login to Clarity manually only firs time and then It works automaticlly, according validity of smsession cookie. But I am not sure, if is the right way...

I would like to ask for any other options. Does anyone have set SiteMinder and Clarity with Integrated windows authentication?

Test environment: Policy server 12.52, Calrity 13.3 with Apache proxy server and SM agent, all 32bit installation.

Thanks in advance,

Karol

• 2.  Re: SiteMinder&Clarity&IWA

Posted Apr 30, 2015 11:19 AM

Hi Karol! Sorry this has gone unanswered for a bit. I added the CA Single Sign-On category to this post, so our support team will see it in their feed now. Can anyone assist Karol_Pokryvka here?

• 3.  Re: SiteMinder&Clarity&IWA

Posted Apr 30, 2015 12:03 PM

Karol,

the fact you wrote

User have to login to Clarity manually only firs time and then It works automaticlly, according validity of smsession cookie. But I am not sure, if is the right way...

tells me you do not have single sign on.

is clarity expecting "domain\user" or just "user" as the name passed?

if the later try setting a custom header response to override the header of smuser (or sm_user based upon the setting of legacyvariables)

hope that helps

• 4.  Re: SiteMinder&Clarity&IWA

Posted Apr 30, 2015 01:00 PM

IWA is just a SiteMinder authentication scheme (ie, how someone logs in).

My approach would be to get SiteMinder integration working with some other auth scheme, like a Login Form, first.  Then try IWA.