Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrade to 12.6.5  resulted in Policy Express errors

Posted Apr 07, 2015 12:44 AM
      |   view attached

I had recently upgraded to CA Identity manager 12.6.5. There is one weird thing i noticed with the Policy express where a policy in which a DATA  element is a Webservice stopped working.

The following error comes when the TEST button is clicked in the DATA element TAB  for the Policy. Attaching the file of the test  case

"javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: An attempt was made to construct the ServiceDelegate object with an service name that is not valid: .    

at org.apache.axis2.jaxws.ExceptionFactory.createWebServiceException(ExceptionFactory.java:173)".

I also tried to create  another webservice data from the following webservice  available  in  internet "http://www.webservicex.net/GenericNAICS.asmx?op=GetNAICSByID" , this also failed.

All webservices were up and running , i was able to get the response from SOAP UI. When  i disconnected the internet and intranet network so  that no webservice  was available and tried  to test again i got the  same error. when is updated the Identity manager EAR  file to the  older version provided  by 12.6.4  everything worked fine. Has anybody faced this issue  or this is  a  new bug.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Upgrade to 12.6.5  resulted in Policy Express errors

Posted Apr 17, 2015 02:18 PM

Can anyone assist with this issue?

Thank you

Khajan Joshi wrote:

I had recently upgraded to CA Identity manager 12.6.5. There is one weird thing i noticed with the Policy express where a policy in which a DATA  element is a Webservice stopped working.

The following error comes when the TEST button is clicked in the DATA element TAB  for the Policy. Attaching the file of the test  case

"javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: An attempt was made to construct the ServiceDelegate object with an service name that is not valid: .   

at org.apache.axis2.jaxws.ExceptionFactory.createWebServiceException(ExceptionFactory.java:173)".

I also tried to create  another webservice data from the following webservice  available  in  internet "http://www.webservicex.net/GenericNAICS.asmx?op=GetNAICSByID" , this also failed.

All webservices were up and running , i was able to get the response from SOAP UI. When  i disconnected the internet and intranet network so  that no webservice  was available and tried  to test again i got the  same error. when is updated the Identity manager EAR  file to the  older version provided  by 12.6.4  everything worked fine. Has anybody faced this issue  or this is  a  new bug.

• 3.  Re: Upgrade to 12.6.5  resulted in Policy Express errors
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 20, 2015 11:09 PM

The fix for this is going to come soon. I had simultaneously opened a ticket with CA Support and this is the message. Thanks all.

After contacting engineering regarding this fix migration to SP5 we were informed by them that it is in fact now embedded into IM 12.6 SP5 CR1 which is planned for release by the end of April 2015.