Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Updating cluster-wide properties without creating templates

Posted May 25, 2016 11:34 AM

Hi,

I would like to know what is the simplest way to update the environment specific cluster properties in CA API Gateway v8.3? Creating templates and updating them using awk is not an option as I dont want to create templates. It is meaningless to templatize the whole policy and every assertion and update one or two cluster properties. This is not updation of entities which could have been done by manage mappings. This is simply to update cluster properties through simple programmable commands.

Regards,

Trinath

• 2.  Re: Updating cluster-wide properties without creating templates
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 07, 2016 04:54 PM

Hi mtrinath,

You can use the REST Management API service to update cluster properties with HTTP calls. Documentation on installing the REST Management API service is located at REST Management API - CA API Gateway - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation for your reference.

Once you have installed the REST Management API, there is a user guide with example commands to run against the service. The example URL to the documentation once it's deployed is https://<GatewayHostName>:<port>/<GatewayRESTRoutingURI>/1.0/doc/home.html

I hope that points you in the right direction. Please reply if you need any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, Global Customer Success

Email: CATechnicalSupport@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

CA API Management Community: ca.com/talkapi