AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  AM 9.3 installation

Posted May 22, 2020 04:41 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

Has anyone ran into this error while installing AM 9.3?

Regards,
    Alvin

• 2.  RE: AM 9.3 installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2020 02:52 PM
    Hello Alvin,

It looks like there is an issue with the installation script finding the necessary files to move forward with the install. I would recommend reviewing the steps leading up to you running the install script. I recommend the following:

1. Unzip the installation media to a directory that is not in the Applications Manager home directory ($AW_HOME) or in a sub directory of the AM home directory. For example.

$AW_HOME = /home/appworx/AM9 
    Directory of installation zip file = /home/appworx/media/AM930

2. When running the installation script, make sure you are in the $AW_HOME directory when you run cdinst.sh. It would look something like:

cd /home/appworx/AM9
    /home/appworx/media/AM930/SOLARIS.AIX.LINUX.WINDOWS/V9/cdinst.sh (type the full path to cdinst.sh and hit Enter)

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,
    Phearith Mao

• 3.  RE: AM 9.3 installation

Posted May 27, 2020 08:40 AM
    Hi everyone, When I perform an installation I have a NFS mount from one of my systems that I use to store the package. 
    When I upgrade the master I have to change the user:group of all files, and directories to match the owner of what the master runs as. 
    Then for each agent that runs as other users I have to do the same. It is just a chown with a -R. The cdinst needs to be verified it has execute on the file,  

When you perform the installation you need to be in the $AW_HOME for the master, or agents. Yes, I was a few time not, and it installed to where I was. You get a nice prompt for the defaults that are read from the current environment. verify your install path is correct.

I upgraded a systems from V9.1.1 to V9.3.1. A lot of changes with the keystore, and new client. 

Good luck.

Rich

• 4.  RE: AM 9.3 installation
    Best Answer

Posted May 27, 2020 08:46 AM
    The installation download was corrupted.  

Thanks Phearith

• 5.  RE: AM 9.3 installation

Posted May 27, 2020 09:28 PM
    agree to Alvin. This seems like installer couldn't find the apache script. better download the installer again.