Hi Bruno,I found a way to fix it, so if you find yourself in the same boat here is the steps i did to resolve. *actually simple* xDGo to Administration/Monitored Item Management/Monitored Devices/ - Search and select the device affected - Under details tab, click on "stop polling" - wait a poll cycle - then "start polling" - wait another poll cycle - confirm in inventory list if the unknown status has changed to reachable.It will then start collecting the reachability statistics.
If any metric family appears to not be polling, you can always try these steps.http://DA:8581/dcdebugEnter IP and choose IP domain for device. Select Polling Config, then View data button.NOTE: if the view data button is greyed out, re-select the checkbox or confirm the IP and IP Domain is correct.This will show you the polling config for the device. This is the list of metric families and items being polled in each.If you don't see the metric family shown, it means DA failed to create polling config successfully, or an update to the polling config failed that resulted in it being removed and not recreated. It could mean the device is no longer associated to a monitoring profile with that metric family.If the poll config exists for the MF, but the poll item is not listed, it could be there was a write issue when saving the new poll config items.
If the metric family is there, then it could be when we sent the poll config updates to DC, we failed to schedule the polling. This could be either the message didn't reach the DC due to some AMQ issue, or java GC issue. Or some issue scheduling the poll request.Another reason could be the time shifted on the DC and the item is failing to be polled anymore because scheduler is not requesting that poll request.Any of these possible issues have the workaround you found of doing stop/start polling on the item. We will delete all poll configs and recreate them, send them to the DC and cause the scheduler to reschedule them.