Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  How can Plex/2E folks be successful in the future?

Posted Sep 30, 2015 02:10 PM

Hey folks,

Are you wondering how Plex/2E can help you and your business be successful in the future?

Are you perhaps being ask to build a mobile app?

Are you struggling to find ways for new technology to talk to your existing environment?

Do you want to learn new skills that  build on your Plex/2E model-based heritage?

Do you have an API strategy?

I am happy and excited to say that I think that CA App Services Orchestrator (ASO) can help you.

I’d like to invite you to explore, and hopefully join, our Early Adopter Program for ASO.

Here are a couple of short videos that I hope you will find useful.

CA App Services Orchestrator (ASO): Vision, Roadmap, Early Adopter program (5m57s):

https://youtu.be/qRLfSmHs5yE

CA App Services Orchestrator (ASO): V1.0 Demo (2m54s):

https://youtu.be/ZDpgcp3pbXw

If you liked what you saw, please come and join explore the world of APIs with us:

CA App Services Orchestrator Community: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-app-services-orchestrator

ASO Collaboration Program: ca.com/aso and hit "Collaborate Now".

ASO Early Adopter Program: Email your friendly ASO Product Owner > Simon.Cockayne@ca.com

Cheers,

Simon

Simon Cockayne

Sr Principal Product Manager

Product Owner: CA App Services Orchestrator

Twitter: @simoncockayne

CA Technologies

• 2.  Re: How can Plex/2E folks be successful in the future?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 30, 2015 02:28 PM

Hi folks,

I am one of your support engineers for CA App Services Orchestrator, and I'm very excited about this amazing product!

If you have any questions about ASO's capabilities or what you've seen in the videos above, I'm happy to answer them! Fire away!

Warm Regards,

Stephen W. Slaughter

Support Engineer, Customer Support

Twitter: @stevewslaughter

CA Technologies

• 3.  Re: How can Plex/2E folks be successful in the future?

Posted Sep 30, 2015 03:03 PM

Re IBM i sites I see this as a future to leverage the platform to other program stacks. With the ease you now can expose an rpg programs via the free integrated web services server as opposed to wrappering in a stored procedure. The soap output is crude but I see orchestrator like mule or camel managing the consumed service and exposing it, combining it with others, so that other calling tiers can happily consume it. I would have loved to have it and the integrated webservices server for the last ten years and concentrated being the custodian of data and business logic... something I suggested in Chicago for the future of Plex, a vision to refocus on the Db and business logic.

I wish you success and try and get my next employer to look at it if applicable.

Good luck