IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Audit processes in CA ITPAM

Posted Nov 07, 2016 11:45 AM

Hi,

There are some licensing constraints on ITPAM.. like L2 orchestrator should run maximum 200 parallel processes.

I want to fetch such report.. if there had been any instances when this limit was breached etc... how to do that

• 2.  Re: Audit processes in CA ITPAM
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 08, 2016 02:10 AM

Hi Sandeep,

Below are few ways in which you could make sure you are within the limits (here 200 concurrent processes per orchestrator)

- Number of active processes by viewing "Operations Dashboard" at any particular point of time.

- Run the OOB report "CONCURRENT_PROCESS_REPORT" available as part of your PAM installation

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Vinay

• 3.  Re: Audit processes in CA ITPAM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2016 08:49 AM

Furthermore if you want to specifically limit the number of instances that can run at any one time, please look into the resources, where you would define 200 available resources, either in one block or in several, and have a process take one when it begins, and release it once it is finished.

Resources

• 4.  Re: Audit processes in CA ITPAM

Posted Nov 09, 2016 03:13 AM

Hi,

Whenever I run this report on one of my instance it come blank. Does it show current running processes?

I believe for licensing perspective I need to check the maximum processes at once ran by orchestrator.

• 5.  Re: Audit processes in CA ITPAM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2016 09:41 AM

Sandeep,

The CONCURRENT_PROCESS_REPORT does not run against individual processes, it runs against a date range:

Which then returns the total number of instances that ran per day during that window:

• 6.  Re: Audit processes in CA ITPAM

Posted Jan 11, 2017 01:30 PM

Hi Michael,

As you said this is total number of processes ran during the day. Does that mean if I ran 100 processed in each hour it would show 2400 processes for that day?

I am looking for a report that can show me if I have violated the license or not. The license for an L2 orchestrator says we can not run more than 200 processes at a time.

• 7.  Re: Audit processes in CA ITPAM

Posted Jan 15, 2017 11:45 AM

Hi Sandeep,

As far as I can tell from the SQL statement being executed to generate the data in the report, the report can generate an export (CSV) from which you can find the peak value of the number of concurrent running processes within the interval selected. I.e. I would be a bit careful with the graphical output generated but instead suggest use of the export functionality to generate a CSV file that you then can sort by the RUNNINGCOUNT column in order to find its maximum (watermark) which would be the value you're interested in from a licensing perspective.

Thanks,

John Sorensen

• 8.  Re: Audit processes in CA ITPAM

Posted Jan 26, 2018 11:05 AM

Hi Team!!! 

Is there a definition regarding the number of orchestrators that a server can host?

Thanks

• 9.  Re: Audit processes in CA ITPAM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2018 12:00 PM

Due to Port conflicts you can only have 1 Orchestrator per Server.