DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Blocking port 1433 from UIM server

Posted Jul 20, 2019 10:24 AM
    Hi all
    I have UIM server 8.51 sp1 and one week ago we update all robots and hubs to version 7.97.

And from this update for some reason UIM loses connection with db server (UIM db). When I try making telnet 1433 from UIM server to DB server doesn't respond it is as if server UIM blocked this port. We have been checking firewalls, DB server, and all is okay. In antivirus we established a exception a year ago and this work without problems. When we restarting the UIM server the connection to the DB UIM work.
    I don't know why happenes this I don't know if the update of the robot/hub it's cause for this problem in my enviroment.

Please if anyone can help me. Many thanks. 

Best regards.

• 2.  RE: Blocking port 1433 from UIM server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2019 12:45 PM
    Downgrade the controller to 7.93 or update to 7.97 hf3 from the support hotfix page.

That  should help.

Also make sure you have applied  the hub 7.x kb article  and the avoiding  communication  issues article.

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Blocking port 1433 from UIM server

Posted Jul 21, 2019 12:41 PM
    Hi @Gene Howard
    thanks for the comments
    Can you indicate where i can obtains this articles that you references

• 4.  RE: Blocking port 1433 from UIM server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 21, 2019 08:28 PM
    Hi ,

Article title: Hub and Tunnel Communications 7.x and 8.x

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=72944

Article title: Avoiding communication errors when configuring UIM components and improving tunnel stability for hub-to-hub tunnels

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=10838

• 5.  RE: Blocking port 1433 from UIM server

Posted Jul 21, 2019 09:17 PM
    Hi @Franklin Ravi D'souza I don't know how this link can help me, my problem is the UIM-Server where the data_engine reside. The data_engine can't connect with the database server (UIM) just work when i does restart the server or the service nimbus.

• 6.  RE: Blocking port 1433 from UIM server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 21, 2019 09:25 PM
    Hi 

Links mentioned might improve performance of the hub in case its busy handling many tunnel connections and in turn improve the data_engine handling performance
    Could be other factors involved though...even environmental

You can check if any errors in the data_engine logs / hub/ controller logs / netstat etc during the issue and raise support case also for additonal analysis with the captured logs during the issue