Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Reporting Tool

• 1.  Reporting Tool

Posted 09-15-2015 10:35 PM
    In Automic, is there a way to view and print job reports as in what is the max. run time, what time it ran etc.? And with job reports I mean for individual jobs as well as a group of jobs as well. Also can we view and print User reports to see the level of access and things of that sort for all the users on Automic?

• 2.  Reporting Tool

Posted 09-16-2015 10:33 AM
    Depending on your specific requirements you might investigate the UCYBDBRT utility to see it it can be of use.

There is also the Predictive Analytics add-on product.  I have no experience with it but, again depending on your needs, might address your requirements.

As for "user" type reports, I am not aware of anything other than executing SQL on the appropriate tables.

• 3.  Reporting Tool

Posted 09-17-2015 12:08 PM
    Thank you for your insight Mark. Yes, I am aware of the Predictive Analysis tool but its functionality is not exactly what I am looking for. I was thinking if we could use an external reporting tool and integrate it with Automic. Would you possibly recommend doing something like that?

• 4.  Reporting Tool

Posted 09-17-2015 12:29 PM
    Our routine reporting needs continue to be relatively simple and are mainly oriented towards exception processing.  These needs have been satisfied using the utility and SQL.  There has been some discussion regarding something like the add-on, but it has never gone beyond the discussion phase as a nice to have.

When you say "external reporting tool" are you thinking of something like Crystal Reports or perhaps something more simple like using Excel?

• 5.  Reporting Tool

Posted 09-17-2015 12:45 PM
    We are already using the method of exporting to excel. So exactly, like crystal reports. I was either that or making an ODBC connection and writing SQL scripts.