Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Automic 12.3 AWI session timeout

Posted Mar 18, 2020 11:14 AM
    Hello All,

I have been working with a 12.3 version of the Automic  Automation platform and am now experiencing issues with logging into my AWI. When I attempt to login, or any user does, the session just times out and does not move past the first splash page. in review of the tomcat logs I can see the requests taking too long (that is the error). A recycle of the tomcat server does not resolve the issue, and I have verified that for tomcats max java memory i have configured to be over 8192 mb.

Has anyone else had this issue and what were your resolutions? 

Thank you all,
    Genarro

• 2.  RE: Automic 12.3 AWI session timeout

Posted Mar 19, 2020 10:47 AM
    Hello Genarro,

We are experiencing similar issue in last weeks.

AWI sessions randomly expires with "Session Expired" message.

We're using version 12.2. Tomcat memory is set to 8192 MB:
    export CATALINA_OPTS=-Xmx8192m​

To be honest, I don't know what to do. Users are getting crazy about this...

• 3.  RE: Automic 12.3 AWI session timeout

Posted Mar 19, 2020 11:51 AM
    Do you have a lot of customers logging on at the same time?  If you do, then your tomcat server may be running out of RAM and need more to be added?

------------------------------
    Pete

• 4.  RE: Automic 12.3 AWI session timeout

Posted Mar 19, 2020 12:02 PM
    Currently it is only myself and one other admin that is logging into the system, it is a new instance of an env so it is empty of data and as such has not been configured with LDAP. We are simply testing our new env out before we begin to add objects and users.

The weirder part still is that a few weeks ago there were no issues with the AWI at all, now on top of the session timeouts, the AWI also doesnt register any agents nor allow the submission of jobs. So when I look at the logs for say a local agent to the Automation Engine, I can verify that the agent is up and running, also when looking at the service manager dialog you can interact (start/stop) the agent directly. However, from the AWI if you are able to login to the session that is, the agent appears inactive and you are unable to open the agent object, with the warning that "the agent has not yet authenticated."

• 5.  RE: Automic 12.3 AWI session timeout

Posted Mar 26, 2020 06:42 AM
    Hello Pete,

First of all, sorry for late follow-up.

What is "a lot of customers"? There is approximately 20 users logged in at the same time.

~ Libor

• 6.  RE: Automic 12.3 AWI session timeout

Posted Mar 19, 2020 12:04 PM
    Yes, my admin is also sort of in panic mode at this point, as this env was functioning for the last few months without any issues and this env is supposed to be our new Production env to migrate to.

It is a weird issue to encounter and my hope is that we can solve this quickly!

• 7.  RE: Automic 12.3 AWI session timeout
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 19, 2020 12:12 PM
    I am not a tomcat/AWI expert so I can't offer much help with that problem.  You might want to open a call with support.

Your agent connection problems sound similar to a known issue.  We discussed it here;
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=dc40e7e9-7ec8-4463-94d3-56b89687731f&CommunityKey=2e1b01c9-f310-4635-829f-aead2f6587c4&tab=digestviewer#bmdc40e7e9-7ec8-4463-94d3-56b89687731f

Pete

• 8.  RE: Automic 12.3 AWI session timeout

Posted Mar 28, 2020 04:54 AM
    Concerning "the agent has not yet authenticated." did you check if you have already done a "Renew transfer key" when starting th agent first time ? Even if you are not using an authentication key you need to do this for internal authentification between AE Server and AE Agent.

You need also to have the parameters for the SMGR set in the agent object definition if you want to act on the agent from AWI, only in client 0000 by the way.

Hope this can help for those topics.

For Tomcat, the more RAM, the better, and a recycle of the tomcat stop/start on a regular basis can help ... like a good old windows reboot !