Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to XOG idea_id?

Posted Nov 17, 2015 03:52 PM

Hi guys,

We have a process that runs on new projects that copies over many of the fields from the idea.  This pulls from the INV_INVESTMENTS table and the IDEA_ID column.  When I use XOG to create a project, there does not appear to be a way to mark idea_id with the appropriate idea.  However, when clicking convert on an idea, Clarity appears to mark IDEA_ID automatically.  This is problematic for us as it doesn't appear there's a way for us to tie a XOG created project to it's parent idea and it also prevents our custom process from running correctly.

My question:

Is there a way to manipulate column IDEA_ID from the database table INV_INVESTMENTS using only XOG?

I'm aware of two other questions about this, but neither appears to answer my question:

1) Xog Project Converted from Idea

2) XOG Project as Converted from IDEA

-Thanks!

Ronnie

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to XOG idea_id?

Posted Nov 24, 2015 12:58 PM

Does anyone have any info regarding this?  I would love love love to have an answer.

-Thanks again!

Ronnie

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to XOG idea_id?

Posted Dec 17, 2015 08:17 PM

nick_darlington do you know if this is possible?

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to XOG idea_id?

Posted Dec 19, 2015 11:57 AM

I did some quick tests, originating idea does not even appear in the project read output.

So unless there's a hidden trick, I don't think it is possible in a "supported" way.

Hopefully Nick can give a defintive answer on this

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to XOG idea_id?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 21, 2015 10:39 AM

To my knowledge the only way to do this is via unsupported SQL update.

• 6.  Re: Is it possible to XOG idea_id?

Posted Dec 21, 2015 01:08 PM

Thanks guys.  Perhaps I'll put this in as an Idea for a future XOG update.