CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Synch Service Desk Cancelled status back to Service Catalog

Posted Sep 08, 2016 05:28 AM

Good day everyone.

We have Service Desk (SD) and Service Catalog (SC) 14.1 installed. We have some SC requests which fire off some custom PAM processes. Part of the process is that once all the necessary approvals have been done it opens up a change order in service desk. Once the change order has been closed it then updates the request in SC to completed. This was done by editing the itsm.maj and itsm.mod files.

I cant seem to so the same with the Cancelled status however. If I edit the itsm.maj and itsm.mod files to trigger on the Cancelled status it sets the SC request to Completed. It needs to be Rejected (Fulfillment Cancelled).

I've thought of triggering an event from SD that kicks off a PAM process but you cant trigger an event on this status. Has anybody done this or anybody have any ideas?

• 2.  Re: Synch Service Desk Cancelled status back to Service Catalog

Posted Sep 09, 2016 02:43 PM

I'm making progress on this.

Ive created a custom status in Service Desk that triggers an event that launches a PAM process. The PAM process gets to the end and the fails with the following message:

Error updating status of request
    soapenv:Server.generalException
    Exception occurred in updateRequestItemStatus: Exception=Invalid combination of pending action type and request item status.

The Service Catalog request status is at USD Change Order Opened. I'm trying to cancel the request.

I can see the correct parameters getting passed through.

Does anyone have any ideas?

• 3.  Re: Synch Service Desk Cancelled status back to Service Catalog

Posted Sep 09, 2016 02:58 PM

You probably want to call the cancelRequest method rather than updateRequestItemStatus to cancel the request.

• 4.  Re: Synch Service Desk Cancelled status back to Service Catalog
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 09, 2016 03:18 PM

Thanks for the input. I just got it working using updateRequestItemStatus

I was passing the wrong status.

• 5.  Re: Synch Service Desk Cancelled status back to Service Catalog

Posted Sep 09, 2016 03:27 PM

Thanks for the input. I just got it working using updateRequestItemStatus

I was passing the wrong status.