Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Configuring Credential Owners

Posted Feb 19, 2020 04:36 PM
    We are in the process of integrating CA Governance tool and need to configure owners for all credentials.

At first I thought it would be straight forward, but in circles.

I have read the documentation - but it is not exactly clear how to accomplish.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Chris scott

• 2.  RE: Configuring Credential Owners

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2020 04:46 PM
    Hello Chris, This is the Privileged Access Management (PAM) community. PAM has target account objects for holding credentials, and one property of a target account is the owner user name, which is the name of a user defined in PAM. But I don't think that is what you are after. Is this a question meant for a different product/tool?

• 3.  RE: Configuring Credential Owners

Posted Feb 19, 2020 05:14 PM
    Yes - PAM

"...target account is the owner user name, which is the name of a user defined in PAM."  

Yes, after selecting the search on "Owner User Name:", PAM displays a window "Credential Manager Users" - but no user ID's appear.

• 4.  RE: Configuring Credential Owners
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2020 05:30 PM
    Chris, As a minimum the super user should show up as a possible selection. If you don't see that, the PAM user account you are logged in with may be lacking the privilege to list the CM users. Other users with an administrative Password Manager role should be listed as well.