CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Custom Manual Notification Activity

Posted Jul 18, 2018 04:16 AM

Hello together,

i created an custom Manual Notification Activity form called Waiting for Customer wich sends an E-Mail to the Customer and should Log to the act_log.

To create this i Copied the nf.htmpl to nf_wak.htmpl and Called it by

JavaScript: popupActivityWithURL('\" + query_str1 + \"WaK+HTMPL=nf_WAK.htmpl\" + \"') from menubar_sd_l1_analyst.htmpl.

The WAK activity notification is an copy of the Manual Notification one.

This Works but the Problem i ran into some Problem with the act_log.

When i now use this Form, the Customer get's an Mail, but in the act_log Description i only see "Warten auf Kunden" but not the Mail witch i can see in manual Notification one.

On Database table act_log i can see that it only Wrote the activity notification Description into the Table.

Is there any way to fix this that i can use the WAK for this?

Kind Regards,

Martin

• 2.  Re: Custom Manual Notification Activity

Posted Aug 01, 2018 12:03 PM
    Hi Martin.
    at least I have an answer , why this is not working as expected.
    There is just specific server side code executed for activity NF.
    Because you have introduced - and using - your own activity type "WaK", this "NF" specific code isn't executed.
    Hence, your form is not behaving the same, as if it  would do for the  standard Manual Notify.
    You might be able to get nearly the same behavior by trying to set the description value of the newly created activity log record already in the GUI, before submitting the form to the server.

Add a hidden input field to your form, Just append it to all the other hidden elements
    <input type="hidden" name=SET.alg.description value="">
    and define the function preSaveTrigger in the html head section , which writes the actual entered text into the submitted alg description field
    function preSaveTrigger() {
       new_text="some hardcoded stuff \n" + document.main_form.elements["KEEP.msgtxt"].value;
       document.main_form.elements["SET.alg.description"].value=new_text;
       return true;
    }
    But of course all NF specific server side code is still not executed !
    Hope this helps a bit
    Regards
    ..............Michael

• 3.  Re: Custom Manual Notification Activity

Posted Aug 01, 2018 12:05 PM

In fact , I'm wondering that the customer gets the email

• 4.  Re: Custom Manual Notification Activity

Posted Aug 02, 2018 03:33 AM

Hi Michael,

seems like it's not Supposed to generate an new Mail Form to generate Mails for Customer Informations? Sadly the Normal NF Form not Works as we need it to Work.

Kind Regards

Martin

• 5.  Re: Custom Manual Notification Activity

Posted Aug 02, 2018 04:02 AM

Hi Martin.

Isn't this exactly always the case? Software which doesn't fit exactly to your needs?

From what I understood so far, you were complaining about, that your customization isn't working as expected, and you mentioned a specific missing behavior, and I made a suggestion how you might be able to achieve the same.

Now it seems that you are moving the scope.

I have some suggestions in mind:

• think about the business need and try to reflect the requirement against the capabilities the software provides. Meaning asking the question of all questions: Why?
    • see if is feasible to adopt/implement the needed functionality by enhancements to the system. I would say, there is a broad range of capabilities to do this. Its a matter of time and money.
    • describe your requirements in a use case and create an idea in this community. There are a lot of examples where Product Management implemented functionalities requested by our customers.

Regards

............Michael

• 6.  Re: Custom Manual Notification Activity

Posted Aug 02, 2018 04:11 AM

Hi Michael,

i'm not Intressted in moving the scope, just trying to find the best possible and Supported Way to generate Mails with Logging them to the Log.

Just Trying to undo Changes right now to Implement your suggestion but even the defaulf nf.htmpl causes a crash of the Entire System if called.

Kind Regards

Martin

• 7.  Re: Custom Manual Notification Activity

Posted Aug 02, 2018 04:57 AM

Hi Martin.

Normaly nf.htmpl does not crash the server side. This should be fixed first !

As far as I am aware, Notifications, for examples sent emails are logged in the Notification History of the ticket, while the activity log is storing the different activities for the ticket.

How about getting in touch with CA Services to further discuss your requirements and possible solutions?

Regards

............Michael

• 8.  Re: Custom Manual Notification Activity
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 02, 2018 05:42 AM