Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Charting in 15.7.1

Posted Jan 14, 2020 08:13 PM
    I was wondering if others had had success in generating charts as characterized on the page:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/clarity-project-and-portfolio-management-ppm-on-premise/15-7-1/release-information/clarity-ppm-release-notes.html#concept.dita_8ebed6ba1fc5de89d746baa8a9be14ef035caa38_chartsinaggrid

I have altered the attributes displayed in the Project module to show the Department, Business Alignment and Total Cost, then grouped by the Department. The Series shows simply as numbered values in the horizontal axis of the Column graph when the Data Category is '(None)', and as "[object Object]" when the Data Category is 'Group'.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Will

• 2.  RE: Charting in 15.7.1

Posted Jan 17, 2020 08:39 AM
    Hi there, we try charting but basis, based on numbers, I will keep testing and if I see something let you know.

Cheers,
    Pablo

------------------------------
    [Designation]
    PPM Sr Consultant
    SAM
    [City]Argentina

• 3.  RE: Charting in 15.7.1
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2020 08:50 AM
    You can review this video for an overview of this functionality.

Clarity PPM Common Component - Grid Charts
    YouTube remove preview
    Clarity PPM Common Component - Grid Charts
    Learn how to create various types of charts in Clarity PPM grids.
    View this on YouTube >

Clarity PPM Documentation Team

• 4.  RE: Charting in 15.7.1

Posted Jan 22, 2020 07:31 PM
    Thanks Akshay.

The subtle point in the video that Bill Yee has since explained it that the charting toolset works on (only) string or numeric data. Data in lookups or set in Groups will not be displayed (in the same way that the Idea Priority field in the video example didn't show). This includes Lookups in the PMO Accelerator and the Department OBS content.

At present, it's great for scenarios like charting the CapEx and OpEx for a set of (filtered) Projects, and showing totals by Project, or Open vs Closed To-Dos for a set of Tasks.

In other complex characterizations - like comparing the Total Cost of Projects, comparing Very High, High, Med and Low Corporate Priority Projects (since that's a lookup), or comparing Departments, etc.  - it will be better to download the data as a table, create a Pivot Table in Excel, then generate the chart from there.

This is a great first-step in providing this facility within the toolset. I'll be able to at least express to my user group which technique gives them the result they're looking for.

Cheers,
    Will