DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Quick filter and search

Posted Jan 13, 2022 07:42 PM
    Hello,

I was doing some search using the quick filter of some views (in this case the chart-table view) and realized that when I need to search a name with a space in it I can't search for the second part.

Meaning:

If the name is something like "XXX YYY" I don't seem to be able to do a quick filter by "YYY".

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

BR
    Bruno Sousa

• 2.  RE: Quick filter and search

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2022 12:18 PM
    Hi Bruno,

Did you tried to use the Wildcards in Filter Expressions?
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/performance-management/21-2/using/search-and-filter-in-ca-performance-center.html

------------------------------
    Thank you,
    Carlos A. Radice
    Sr Support Engineer
    Broadcom Software
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Quick filter and search

Posted Jan 19, 2022 04:24 AM
    Thank you, Carlos!

BR
    Bruno Sousa

• 4.  RE: Quick filter and search
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2022 02:15 PM

Space is used to separate the terms we search for.

So "XXX YYY" should look for things that have both XXX and YYY somewhere in the text columns in the view.
    RIB call turns "XXX YYY" into:
    (.Item.DisplayName LIKE Global.String('%XXX%') AND .Item.DisplayName LIKE Global.String('%YYY%') OR .Item.Name LIKE Global.String('%XXX%') AND .Item.Name LIKE Global.String('%YYY%')) 

If you need XXX to start string, followed by anything/nothing, and then string ends with YYY in a column, then do:  "XXX*YYY"
    ((.Item.DisplayName LIKE Global.String('XXX%YYY')) OR (.Item.Name LIKE Global.String('XXX%YYY'))) 
    If you need to start with anything/nothing, followed by XXX, followed by anything/nothing, then YYY, followed by anything/nothing, in a column, then do:  "*XXX*YYY*"
    ((.Item.DisplayName LIKE Global.String('%XXX%YYY%')) OR (.Item.Name LIKE Global.String('%XXX%YYY%'))) 
    If you need to start with XXX, followed by anything/nothing, then YYY, followed by anything/nothing, in a column, then do:  "XXX*YYY*"
    ((.Item.DisplayName LIKE Global.String('XXX%YYY%')) OR (.Item.Name LIKE Global.String('XXX%YYY%'))) 

• 5.  RE: Quick filter and search

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2022 10:18 PM
    Space is used separate the search terms.

So "XXX YYY" results in this RIB call being made.  It finds a column string that has both search terms.
    (.Item.DisplayName LIKE Global.String('%XXX%') AND .Item.DisplayName LIKE Global.String('%YYY%') OR .Item.Name LIKE Global.String('%XXX%') AND .Item.Name LIKE Global.String('%YYY%')) 

If you need to start string with XXX, followed by anything/nothing, then end with YYY, then do:  "XXX*YYY*"
    ((.Item.DisplayName LIKE Global.String('XXX%YYY%')) OR (.Item.Name LIKE Global.String('XXX%YYY'))) 
    If you need to start string with anything/nothing, followed by XXX, followed by anything/nothing, then YYY, followed by anything/nothing, in a column, then do:  "*XXX*YYY*"
     ((.Item.DisplayName LIKE Global.String('%XXX%YYY%')) OR (.Item.Name LIKE Global.String('%XXX%YYY%'))) 
    If you need to start string with XXX, followed by anything/nothing, then YYY, followed by anything/nothing, in a column, then do:  "XXX*YYY*"
     ((.Item.DisplayName LIKE Global.String('XXX%YYY%')) OR (.Item.Name LIKE Global.String('XXX%YYY%'))) 
    If you need to start string with anything/nothing, followed by XXX, followed by anything/nothing, then end with YYY, in a column, then do:  "*XXX*YYY"
     ((.Item.DisplayName LIKE Global.String('%XXX%YYY')) OR (.Item.Name LIKE Global.String('%XXX%YYY')))