DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  AXA snippet issue

Posted Aug 29, 2019 06:26 AM
    Hi Team,

Using the latest version of AXA, I am having issues while onboarding application in AXA

When i inject the snippet into the source file of the webpage and refresh the page the browser throws some errors like "insecure content"
    and there is no data in axa console.

can you please guide me is the snippet getting blocked?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: AXA snippet issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2019 06:37 AM
    Hello Robert,
    It could be that your monitored application is HTTPS and the connection to AXA is only HTTP (if on-premise). If that is the case, you would need to put a load balancer in front of AXA, or more specifically route the traffic to AXA through the load balancer (which would also handle the HTTPS part as there is no native HTTPS support in AXA)
    This is part of enhanced browser security to not allow mixed HTTPS and HTTP, here's the first link I could find on it.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Security/Mixed_content/How_to_fix_website_with_mixed_content

Otherwise it's possible that the application itself does not expect requests to hosts that it does not recognise, perhaps some sort of traffic management not allowing the request to the AXA server so it may be necessary to whitelist requests to the AXA server.

Many thanks,
    David

• 3.  RE: AXA snippet issue

Posted Sep 12, 2019 05:48 AM
    Hi David,

Yes the AXA URL is HTTP, thanks for the response but in google chrome when i click on allow in-secure content there is no error in the console and also data starts populating.

Can we do something like this from the IE side so that it loads the AXA snippet without throwing the error.

• 4.  RE: AXA snippet issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2019 05:59 AM
    Hi Robert,
    It becomes more of an IE question than our product question but by searching on the Internet I found this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2625928/only-secure-content-is-displayed-notification-in-internet-explorer-9-o

This solution comes up in other searches, it should be used with caution as it allows data to be sent to non-secure sites, so that includes sites you do not want any data to go to, we assume this is just for testing purposes.

Thanks,
    David