Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  License Question 2e

Posted Mar 06, 2021 07:08 AM
    So I have a question for the group.  

I've recently started the long and what is now becoming a painful process of migrating my license from one machine to another.  I'm just passing week number 4 on the process and still hoping that they can get me a code before I reach my go/no go date.  This is my first license change since broadcom took over.

So here is the question, how long have others had to wait getting license codes?

------------------------------
    Eamonn Foley
    IT Operations Manager
    Feralloy Corporation

• 2.  RE: License Question 2e

Posted Mar 15, 2021 09:59 AM
    So, 6 weeks later and I'm still waiting on a new code to enable 2e.  This has caused me to delay our migration.

On the off hand chance someone from Broadcom actually reads things here, maybe they can explain why.

IT Operations Manager
    Feralloy Corporation

• 3.  RE: License Question 2e

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2021 02:01 AM
    Hello Eamonn,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Did you get to open a Support ticket with Broadcom Support for the new license key? Can you kindly share the issue number, so that we can follow up from our side as well.

Moreover, if you are on r8.7 + CUM PTFA/r8.7.1, there will no longer be a license check for the 2E software.

The license check was deprecated in r8.7.1. Please check the "License Check Removal" section in the Release Notes for r8.7.1.
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-2e/8-7/Release-Information---CA-2E-8_7_1.html

If you are on r8.7 + CUM PTF A., we have created a Test PTF for the license check removal. Please find additional information below.
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=195861

Please do get back to us in case of any queries.

Best Regards,
    Raghu
    CA 2E Team