Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  XOG Error | OBS id (***) is invalid.So, the OBS Association was not made.

Posted Oct 25, 2011 11:04 AM
    Hi Friends,

I was testing my XOG scripts. I did xog out a project successfully. Then I did a small change to the Risk and issues items of that project.
    I tried to xog in to reverse this small change. The change was not reversed even though my xog in was a success, but with a warning:

<Status state="SUCCESS"/>
    <Statistics failureRecords="0" insertedRecords="0" totalNumberOfRecords="1" updatedRecords="1"/>
    [color=#f30101]WARNING: OBS id (***) is invalid. So, the OBS Association was not made. OBS association has been updated according to financial information.[color]

What does this warning mean? Has anyone faced a similar issue before? Please help.
    Georgy

• 2.  RE: XOG Error | OBS id (***) is invalid.So, the OBS Association was not mad
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 25, 2011 11:48 AM
    Hi Georgy

Take a look at TEC547483 . Too much there to copy here but it explains it for you

>
    NOTE: If the XOG write xml file includes the <OBSAssocs> tag and OBS definition is NOT associated to the Project Object, the XOG write action will generate an error message. This error message will be generated with no OBS object association and this message will occur regardless of the presence of the 'financialLocation' and 'financialDepartment' attributes in the xml file. If the XOG write xml file does not include the <OBSAssocs> tag with no OBS object association, this message will not be generated.

<ErrorInformation>
    <Severity>WARNING</Severity>
    <Description>OBS id (mylocation) is invalid. So, the OBS Association was not made.

OBS association has been updated according to financial information.</Description>
    </ErrorInformation>

HTH

Owen

• 3.  RE: XOG Error | OBS id (***) is invalid.So, the OBS Association was not mad

Posted Nov 03, 2011 09:41 AM
    Hi Georgy,

Did Owen's response help you resolve? If so please mark the post as Accepted Solution.

Thanks!
    Chris!

• 4.  RE: XOG Error | OBS id (***) is invalid.So, the OBS Association was not mad

Posted Nov 11, 2011 01:09 AM
    i would say that the error is benign, as the financial deptartment / location takes precedence over the obs unit you are trying to set. the error is telling you that it couldn't do part of what you asked of xog. try an empty </obsassocs> instead?