Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

• 1.  XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

Posted Mar 22, 2021 12:49 PM
    Many of us may be using the XOG Client HTML portlet for convenience of running XOG within Clarity application. It was working fine all these years but we recently upgraded to 15.9.1 in a sandbox env and it stopped working. 

Does anyone have a suggestion for updating the HTML code to fix the issue? It appears to be related to HTML. See attached portlet code and before and after screenshots.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

Posted Mar 23, 2021 01:12 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Srini,

We did faced the same issue. Found that that </textarea> selfclosing tag is no longer working. It has to be properly closed with the end tag. Try the attached modified code and see if it is working.

Regards,
    Karthik

Attachment(s)

txt
    xogclient_1591.txt   3 KB 1 version

• 3.  RE: XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

Posted Mar 23, 2021 03:54 PM
    Thanks so much Karthik. It worked!

• 4.  RE: XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

Posted Mar 25, 2021 11:51 PM

• 5.  RE: XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

Posted Mar 25, 2021 11:52 PM

​Hi Karthik,

I'd like to use this cool feature but was not able to send a simple OOTB read request as I must miss a step I think.
    <Description>Not authenticated</Description>
    How do you authenticate before using the tool ?
    Can you help me please ? FYI I am not a proven technician.

Thanks

Filip

• 6.  RE: XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

Posted Mar 25, 2021 11:53 PM

Hi, 

I would like to be able to send some XOG in this way, so I created the portlet with your code and tested it.
    But when I send a sample xml resource read code, I receive the following message :

<Description>Not authenticated</Description>

Can you tell me how to authenticate before sending the XML read instructions ?
    For your information, I'm not a qualified technician so if you could be descriptive enough, I would appreciate :-)

Thanks!

Filip

• 7.  RE: XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

Posted Mar 26, 2021 12:29 AM
    Hi Filip,

Usually you get Not authenticated error if user does not have XOG access. This portlet uses logged in user session for authentication so make sure the user you logged in and testing this has respective XOG access either through the Group or through Resource. 

And please note that this is not for end uses, this should be restricted to only admins and/or developers in non-Production.

Regards,
    Karthik

• 8.  RE: XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

Posted Mar 26, 2021 02:44 AM

​Hi Karthik,

First, sorry for the duplicate messages, I'm new to the community and didn't know I had to wait for so long before the message appears. 

The useraccount is the one I usually use for XOG (it's my account that is used as I'm the only admin here :-)).
    I forgot to tell that we are an On Demand client, maybe this can explain my problem.

Can On Demand clients use this feature ? I thought that I read somewhere that it was possible.

Regards,
    Filip

• 9.  RE: XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

Posted Apr 07, 2021 09:06 PM
    HI Filip,

Yes, we are also are on demand instance and we are using it. This should work without any issues, if the account has XOG access right.

• 10.  RE: XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

Posted Apr 07, 2021 11:44 AM
    Edited by Keri Taylor Apr 07, 2021 11:45 AM
    @Krishna Karthik Reddy Chavva

Hi All, this is still not working for me in 15.9.1. It's just sitting there churning. Just reading something OOTB. Thoughts?

• 11.  RE: XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

Posted Apr 07, 2021 09:09 PM
    Hi Keri,

We are also on 15.9.1 and we are using it and don't see any issues after updating the textaarea tag. May be try to read a simple xog read to see if it is working.

• 12.  RE: XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

Posted Apr 08, 2021 10:41 AM
    Edited by Keri Taylor Apr 08, 2021 10:44 AM
    I just copy/pasted what you sent in the doc above ("Try the attached modified code and see if it is working"). I didn't modify anything in the text file. should i?

I see the end tags of the </textarea>

• 13.  RE: XOG Client HTML Portlet not working in 15.9.1

Posted Apr 08, 2021 10:52 AM

After i added this reply, its now working. I did remove the top part "<!DOCTYPE html>". Thanks!