DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  DWDM - Physical and Logical connections

Posted Jan 28, 2019 08:24 AM

Dear community,

I have been working on trying to create a realistic topology for a customer, and I am stuck with the following problem.

Spectrum discovered the logical connection correctly, between Routers A and B. The problem is that the physical connection goes through 2 DWDM (Multiplexing) devices. 

I wanted to keep the logical connection that Spectrum discovered intact, while at the same time, map the physical connections as well (port Router A - port DWDM A - port DWDM B - port Router B).

Spectrum allows, logically, only one connection per interface, but maybe there is a way to sidestep that using TopOrg that I am not aware of. Has anyone faced this?

Thanks and best regards,

Zacchi

#caspectrum10.2.3#multiplex

• 2.  Re: DWDM - Physical and Logical connections

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2019 10:04 AM

Hi Zacchi,

You need to use either a Fanout model or a SharedMediaLink model between them and then you can connect the 1 interface to the Fanout/SharedMediaLink and connect that Fanout/SharedMediaLink to the multiple interfaces.  

Cheers

Jay

• 3.  Re: DWDM - Physical and Logical connections

Posted Jan 29, 2019 03:31 AM

Hi Jay,

That is what I came up with as well, and it is how it is currently set up.

I was wondering if there was a view where I'd be able to create these connections independently from what is defined in the Universe topology.

Nevertheless, they are fully covered in terms of monitoring this environment using the Fanout modelling option.

Thanks!

Zacchi