Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  Newer RPG BIFs in 2E pipeline ?

Posted Feb 16, 2015 11:33 AM

Hi CA 2E Team,

There have been many newer RPG ILE BIFs that have started to become available since IBM i 5.1.  I'm wondering if there's any future plan in the 2E development pipeline to modernize/improve the quality of the RPG ILE generated source from 2E, by taking advantage of these newer BIFs.  I've seen a few postings at the Idea section about these newer RPG ILE BIFs, and I just recently posted another one related to array lookup (using the newer %LOOKUPxx BIF).  There are those instances that maybe easily accomplished via EXCUSRSRC (ex: %TRIMx), but there are also others that are more involved (ex: the array lookup).  Thank you for reading & considering this!

• 2.  Re: Newer RPG BIFs in 2E pipeline ?

Posted Feb 27, 2015 01:54 PM

Anyone able to answer this question?

Thank you

Henky Saputera wrote:

Hi CA 2E Team,

There have been many newer RPG ILE BIFs that have started to become available since IBM i 5.1.  I'm wondering if there's any future plan in the 2E development pipeline to modernize/improve the quality of the RPG ILE generated source from 2E, by taking advantage of these newer BIFs.  I've seen a few postings at the Idea section about these newer RPG ILE BIFs, and I just recently posted another one related to array lookup (using the newer %LOOKUPxx BIF).  There are those instances that maybe easily accomplished via EXCUSRSRC (ex: %TRIMx), but there are also others that are more involved (ex: the array lookup).  Thank you for reading & considering this!