Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Maximum Investments Exceeded

Posted Aug 26, 2016 11:17 AM

Hi all. Apologies in advance for a potentially very simple question, but I've been unable to find an answer yet online.

I am a longtime user of Clarity, but new to the Portfolio Management Module. I have been playing around in our QA environment getting to know the functionalities.  The other day I had added one investment to a dummy portfolio, and when I went to add and sync a second investment, I was informed that I had exceeded the maximum number of investments allowed. 

I know that the system can handle more than two investments, so why am I getting this error message?  What is the true maximum number of investments that the system can handle out of the box? I have heard that it can handle up to 200 investments and 25 roles, so why would I be getting this error message when I've added way less than that? (Also, when I went to check on that record this morning, the error message is gone and both investments are now synced to the portfolio.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rebecca

• 2.  Re: Maximum Investments Exceeded

Posted Aug 30, 2016 01:31 PM

I am using the 13.2 version of Clarity as an FYI.

• 3.  Re: Maximum Investments Exceeded

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2016 07:44 PM

Hi Rebecca Goula

Yes, ideally this error message shows up when you have exceeded the investment count. If this issue is not happening now, it would be tough to find the root cause. 

I don't think there would be any additional info in app-ca log but its worth giving a check.. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 4.  Re: Maximum Investments Exceeded

Posted Aug 31, 2016 10:11 AM

Hi Jerin,

Good points raised above.  I will be sure to take screen shots next time and if/when it happens again.  Would you mind pointing out how & where I would access the app-ca log? I am still getting the hang of using this community, so appreciate the help.

Thanks again,

Rebecca

• 5.  Re: Maximum Investments Exceeded

Posted Aug 31, 2016 08:16 AM

Sounds a bit odd, but 13.2 had quite a few bugs in the portfolio object.

Did you have the project object included (and powerfilter null), but then add individual investments?

That causes CA PPM to try and load all projects into the portfolio! I've seen this one too many times!

• 6.  Re: Maximum Investments Exceeded

Posted Aug 31, 2016 10:10 AM

Thanks! Good to know it was buggy as I've been trying to solve this mystery for a while now. I don't think I had anything (ie a project) included, but you raise a really good point that I'll be sure to keep an eye out for in the future. Thanks again for your help!