AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  unable to deploy the Agent on multiple host (unix and windows) simultaneously

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2019 06:08 AM

Hi , 

I am creating the bundle to deploy my product to deploy on multiple host but unable to deploy the Agent on multiple host simultaneously. Unalbe to find any option or package ? 

Requirement : Want to deploy my product on multiple host (Unix and Window) simultaneously? 

I am able to do only one host .Is there any option or any package ? 

#automicserviceorchestration

#automiccommunity

• 2.  Re: unable to deploy the Agent on multiple host (unix and windows) simultaneously

Posted Apr 10, 2019 04:01 PM

Are you saying you're trying to automate the process to install remote agents? If so, I'd be interested to hear what you've achieved so far.

• 3.  Re: unable to deploy the Agent on multiple host (unix and windows) simultaneously

Posted Apr 12, 2019 10:38 AM

Could be done in SSCM with a driver file as the node names are unique and would need to be passed. A PS script can be developed to do the install using a silent install file.  You would also need to package different software for Windows and Unix as these have different binaries but this should be doable. Process would be

• Package software (Unix and Windows) to SSCM
    • Deploy software to target servers
    • Using script carry out a silent install on each node reading a driver file to pass in node name

• 4.  Re: unable to deploy the Agent on multiple host (unix and windows) simultaneously

Posted Apr 12, 2019 10:50 AM

Do you have an example of the silent install method for AM?

• 5.  Re: unable to deploy the Agent on multiple host (unix and windows) simultaneously

Posted Apr 18, 2019 10:23 AM

An installation file is required in order to drive future installs so need to manually install $U on 1 node (of each type) first. See section 3.4 in the installation manual and follow the steps to carry out a typical install and this will create an installation file. Use the switch /r to inform the installation procedure to create this file.

Once the file has been created this can be used as a template for future installations by changing the name of the node and host at the top of the file (given that everything else would be standard). Normal scripting variable substitution can be used for this to create the specific driver file.

For subsequent silent installs use the /s for silent switch to inform the install process to use a file created from the initial (master) install file.