Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Modify Connector Xpress

Posted Jan 24, 2022 03:41 AM
    Hi to all,
    I have the jdbc xpress connector.
    Now I have to edit it, adding a new attribute.

What I want to avoid is over 100K calls between provisioning and IM, so I thought of proceeding this way:

With Kettle I will write directly in LDAP by updating the new attribute both in the Global User and in the User Store.
    Later I modify my Xpress connector by adding the new attribute from the DB. Then I add the mapping rule to Provisioning Manager and launch an Explore & Correlate.

What I expect is that since there is already the same value on the Global Users, no changes will occur (or rather they will only happen for the values ​​changed by the initial import with kettle)

Do you think this is correct?
    Thanks in advance
    Marco

• 2.  RE: Modify Connector Xpress

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 27, 2022 05:31 PM
    Your approach should be OK as it is very similar to how connector migration utilities work.
    The only thing you need to remember is that you must send LDAP requests to a Provisioning Directory (IMPSD),and not to a Provisioning Server (IMPS).

You need to:
    1) Stop IMPS
    2) Send LDAP modify requests to IMPD
    3) Start IMPS
    There are 4 IMPD DSAs, each responsible for a part of provisioning tree, and a router DSA.
    You can connect to IMPD router.
    Default IMPD router connection details are:
    Port: 20391
    Bind DN: eTDSAContainerName=DSAs,eTNamespaceName=CommonObjects,dc=im,dc=etadb

Please note that in IMPD the domain component RDN is dc=etadb (not like dc=eta in IMPS)

• 3.  RE: Modify Connector Xpress

Posted Jan 28, 2022 02:22 AM