DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Event Processing in CA Spectrum

Posted Jun 26, 2019 01:07 AM
    Dear All,

I am trying to understand the Spectrum process for the event which will be generated due to Poll/Trap:

1) With respect to Poll-
    How is the CPU threshold value received in Spectrum? Will their be any OID which will be polled by Spectrum towards the specific device?
    Will this OID be present in the AlertMap file ?
    1) With respect to Trap-
    Router is configured  to send OSPF traps to Spectrum. I believe that the device will send information in alignment with the MIB to Spectrum.
    AlertMap file will have all the mappings for the MIB in place, expected is the MIB is already present/added in Spectrum.

Request you to please provide some insight on this.

Thanks,
    AK

• 2.  RE: Event Processing in CA Spectrum
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2019 08:13 AM
    Hi Ak,
      The cpu oid is dependent on the device and essentially the modeltype the device is modeled as.  Spectrum has different oids that it will try to poll and will set the cpu attr accordingly when possible.  If Spectrum is not able to determine what is needed, you can manually configure Spectrum to use an attribute you have:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-3-2/en/managing-network/modeling-and-managing-your-it-infrastructure/how-ca-spectrum-calculates-cpu-and-memory-utilization/normalized-cpu-utilization-attributes

In regards to the OSPF traps, yes, Spectrum supports them out of the box.

I hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Jay

• 3.  RE: Event Processing in CA Spectrum

Posted Jul 08, 2019 02:55 AM
    Edited by Amit Kumar Jul 08, 2019 03:26 AM
    Thanks Jay for the information.

Alertmap will have a entry for all the CPU related OID's which CA Spectrum will be processing.
    OSPF traps are supported out of the box, so alertmap file will definitely have all the OSPF related entries.

In General, all the trap/polled which are processed in CA Spectrum with out of the box or custom ones, there would be an entry in alertmap file.
    This is my understanding, is this correct?

Regards,
    AK

• 4.  RE: Event Processing in CA Spectrum

Posted Jun 27, 2019 11:06 AM
    Edited by Issac08 Jun 27, 2019 11:07 AM
    Hi Amit ,

For CPU utilization spectrum polls and get the performance data where you can see in tab , it depends on model type . You can also see the specfic OID in MIB tools under the specfic vendor. From there only we ill add the attribute which is going to give data. Are you facing any issues ?

• 5.  RE: Event Processing in CA Spectrum

Posted Jul 08, 2019 02:55 AM
    Dear Praveen,

Thanks for your response.
    I am not facing issue, but I am trying to understand the alertmap between the devices and CA Spectrum for the trap/poll based data.

Regards,
    AK