Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Save Jaspersoft Scheduled Reports to SFTP server

Posted Dec 17, 2015 04:32 PM

Is it possible to save reports scheduled from Jaspersoft to the OOTB SFTP server?

Thanks,
    Jane

• 2.  Re: Save Jaspersoft Scheduled Reports to SFTP server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2016 11:26 AM

Hi Jane,

Saving the Scheduled report output is not currently possible to be done to FTP. We have the option to save them to Repository, which will allow you to actually save the report output in a Shared folder, where other users will have access to.

1. To do this, follow the steps:
    Select a Report - Right Click - Select Schedule
    2. Then go to Create Schedule, enter the dates/ time/recurrence you need
    3. Now go to Output Options
    4. In Output Destination select Output to Repository
    5. Browse to a folder accessible to other users, for example Shared
    6. (Ensure Shared folder is accessible to all users by right-clicking and selecting Permissions - Roles - ROLE_USER = Read Only, Apply)
    7. Save
    8. Now when the report runs, you will have the output saved in PDF format in Shared/Reports, where every user will have read access to it.
    9. To get to the PDF they should go to View - Repository - Shared - Reports
    10. They can then easily save it to their own Users - username folder, or to their local PC.

Hope this information helps.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies
    Principal Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: Save Jaspersoft Scheduled Reports to SFTP server

Posted Jan 20, 2016 05:30 PM

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Nika, but that information doesn't help at all.

We want to extract the data to an internal system where we have greater data modeling capabilities. I'm sure Jaspersoft is an improvement to previous reporting functions in CA PPM, but we are used to a much more robust system for data modeling and reporting.

Thanks,
    Jane

• 4.  Re: Save Jaspersoft Scheduled Reports to SFTP server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2016 04:58 PM

Hi Jane,

I completely understand your concerns, that's why I spoke with my colleagues from Product Management to see why this option was disabled by default.

Now I stand corrected since I confirmed with them that this option may be safely enabled for On Premise customers in a supported way. I have written the steps and the full solution in a separate Tec Tip post here, so everyone is able to easily see it and benefit from this information. Please go ahead and check it out here:

Tech Tip: How to Enable Jaspersoft Scheduled Report Output to FTP (On Premise Only)

I'll also request this to be added to official documentation.

Thank you for bringing this question up! I hope this was helpful to your company to be able to use the Advanced Reporting tool.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies
    Principal Support Engineer

• 5.  Re: Save Jaspersoft Scheduled Reports to SFTP server

Posted Apr 25, 2017 06:55 PM

Is there an option to output at Shared Windows folder? or NAS folder? I saw somewhere option for Output to Host File System? Would there be an option to enable that too?