Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  SiteMinder Logs Data Source : unexpected error in database interface.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2014 04:37 PM

Siteminder 12.52 CR1
    Oracle 11g (R2) RAC as Audit Store
    RedHat 6

When configuring oracle as audit store, we are seeing the below error from SmConsole.

Failure. SiteMinder can not access the following data sources:
    SiteMinder Logs Data Source : unexpected error in database interface. Error code - 1063

TNSNames.ora configured properly and its similar to the connection settings defined in system_odbc.ini.

Any pointers appreciated.

• 2.  RE: SiteMinder Logs Data Source : unexpected error in database interface.

Posted Jun 05, 2014 07:47 PM
    thama04:

Siteminder 12.52 CR1
    Oracle 11g (R2) RAC as Audit Store
    RedHat 6

When configuring oracle as audit store, we are seeing the below error from SmConsole.

Failure. SiteMinder can not access the following data sources:
    SiteMinder Logs Data Source : unexpected error in database interface. Error code - 1063

TNSNames.ora configured properly and its similar to the connection settings defined in system_odbc.ini.

Any pointers appreciated.

Hi All,

Any thoughtts here for this one?

Thanks!

Chris

• 3.  Re: SiteMinder Logs Data Source : unexpected error in database interface.

Posted Jun 16, 2014 11:40 AM

As per Oracle error means:

Requested SGA size cannot be allocated in the server address space. To resolve this you must do one of the following:

• Reduce the SGA size by changing one or more of the init.ora parameters that determine the size.
    • Increase the REGION in which the server runs. You can do this only if you are not running with REGION=0M.

Can you check with your Oracle Admin about it.

Also, check if Oracle Security AES is disabled that also creates problem.

• 4.  Re: SiteMinder Logs Data Source : unexpected error in database interface.

Posted Jun 18, 2014 07:21 AM

This error is quite generic and we first need to have a look at the DB side if everything is correct.

Then we can enable the ODBC tracing to get more information on the error itself, depending on the OS we can read the following technical document:

UNIX:
    https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/kbtech?docid=477982

Windows:
    https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/kbtech?docid=491497

Usually this occurs when the audit information was too huge and exceeding the defined size limit(4096 bytes).

This requires modifying the SQL file to increase the row length as a workaround.

You can also check below tech-notes and try the solution suggested:

https://comm.support.ca.com/?legacyid=TEC491304

https://comm.support.ca.com/?legacyid=TEC456741

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prakhar

• 5.  Re: SiteMinder Logs Data Source : unexpected error in database interface.

Posted Sep 07, 2015 11:18 AM

Hi soopr01

I'm having the same problem. It's strange because when I test the connection, it succeeds:

ODBC.png

ODBC_2.png

I didn't install WAMUI yet. What SQL file do you mean?

Thanks. Kind regards,

Andrés-J. Cremades

• 6.  Re: SiteMinder Logs Data Source : unexpected error in database interface.

Posted Sep 08, 2015 02:46 AM

Hello Andrés-J,

Checking your screenshot for your datasource definition it seems that you are using the generic SQL Server driver and not the SiteMinder Server Wire Protocol. Make sure that you are using the ODBC 32 bit definition to define your DSN : C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32

Hope it helps,

Julien.

• 7.  Re: SiteMinder Logs Data Source : unexpected error in database interface.

Posted Sep 11, 2015 08:38 AM

Hi Julien_Nitot,

Yes, I am. At "Configure a SQL Server Policy Store" states this:

Follow these steps:

1. Complete one of the following steps:The ODBC Data Source Administrator appears.
      • If you are using a supported 32–bit Windows operating system, click Start and select Programs, Administrative Tools, ODBC Data Sources.
      • If you are using a supported 64–bit Windows operating system:
        1. Navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
        2. Double–click odbcad32.exe.
    2. Click the System DSN tab.System data source settings appear.
    3. Click Add.The Create New Data Source dialog appears.
    4. Select CA SiteMinder® SQL Server Wire Protocol and click Finish.The ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol Driver Setup dialog appears.

But when I create a new Data Source I don't see any such option as "SiteMinder SQL Server Wire Protocol" or similar. What I see is just:

Data_Source.png

I found this page it didn't helped me. What can I do?

Kind regards,

Andrés-J.

• 8.  Re: SiteMinder Logs Data Source : unexpected error in database interface.

Posted Sep 11, 2015 02:32 PM

Hello Andres,

Looking at the screen shot it seems 2 things, either policy server is not installed or you are looking at wrong odbcad32.exe, on odbcad32.exe when you click on Add you will all the Siteminder related Drivers.

• 9.  Re: SiteMinder Logs Data Source : unexpected error in database interface.
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 21, 2015 07:57 AM

Hello everybody (Richard.Leto ),

last week I took the CA SiteMinder Implementation and Administration courses and after installing CA Policy Server and, indeed, in the odbcad32.exe were displayed a lost of new drivers listed. And I don't know what I did now but finally they appear in my environment too. Don't ask me what did I do because I have no idea :-) Thanks for helping.

King regards,

Andrés-J. Cremades